e n d

it was again, a normal school day.

soomin, mark, renjun, jeno, jaemin, haechan, chenle and jisung all ate together at the cafeteria.

in the midst of eating and chatting, soomin suddenly spoke up and asked a question. "hey guys? when you tell someone you're a mermaid, they dont turn into one right?"

renjun stopped eating and nodded. "yeah. they only turn into one when they see you as a mermaid." soomin hummed and went back to eating silently. alot of thoughts were on her mind.

jaemin furrowed his eyebrows and looked at soomin, food still in his mouth. "why did you ask?"

"oh nothing. i just wanted to tell lucas about me being a mermaid. its time for him to know since i've been avoiding him for the past days." she said. jaemin nodded and this time chenle spoke. "when are you planning to tell him?"

"after class. would you all like to come with me?"

"yeah sure!"

🧜‍♀️

"so what did you want to tell me?" lucas folded his arms and looked at soomin infront of him.

they were alone. the other boys said that they'll come abit late since they were assigned to do extra tasks.

"well, you know that i have been avoiding you lately right? the reason is...i'm a mermaid." she said straightforward.

lucas widened his eyes at the last statement. "e-excuse me, wHAT?!?! you're a mermaid?! i don't belive you."

soomin sighed. "i'm not kidding. i may have saw mark, renjun, jeno, jaemin, haechan, chenle and jisung as mermen when i spied on them and i so happen to be their long lost sibling and that my mother is the former queen of atlantis and now we eight are the next kings and queens of the kindom.."

the boy was stunned at her explanation. he was shocked and also amazed at the same time. he thought mermaids were just fantasies. and now, even his friend is one.

"....THATS SO COOL! OH MY GOD you HAVE to show me your tail!!!"

soomin was taken aback at lucas' sudden outburst. "i can't show you my tail lucas. you'll turn into one when i do."

lucas furrowed his eyebrows. and questioned her, confused. "so i'll turn into a merman if i see you as one..?" soomin just nodded.

"i want to have a tail too!" soomin widened her eyes and shook her head violently. "you can't. i thought you hated them?!"

"who said i hated mermaids? they're so cool! please soomin i want to be a merman too.." he begged.

at the perfect timing, the boys had finally arrived. "what did we miss?"

soomin looked at them worriedly. "lucas wants to be a merman. can he?"

mark raised his eyebrows and looked at lucas. "you want to become one?" lucas nodded surely.

"well then, if he wants to be one, then let him be it! i'm sure taeyong has spare diamonds to give." he shrugged.

"YES!!" lucas screamed.

"-but you do know this is permanent right? you can turn back into a human when we give you a special diamond that lets you too. thats why we have legs." haechan explained. lucas nodded again.