t w e n t y

they swam across the ocean. taeyong's cave was quite far from atlantis that's why they had to depart early. 

after passing different kinds of caves, sea creatures, and corals, the eight mermaids finally arrived at the palace. 

mark motioned them to stop swimming and hide behind a large pile of rocks. soomin was stunned at what she saw. it isn't everyday you get to see a whole other world just right below the ocean. the palace was really big and filled with diamonds and shining crystals. 

it had this different aura that she couldn't explain what it was. she felt like she was somehow connected to atlantis which was strange. the girl looked up and saw a huge diamond on the top of the palace. she assumed it was the diamond they were talking about. 

snapping out from her thoughts, renjun spoke up. "so guys, we are finally here." 

mark slowly swam up enough for him to see the whole kingdom but still hidden by the rock. he saw that the whole palace was empty except for some guards surrounding the whole area with deadly looking sharks beside them. the older looked even closer and saw ocpois herself sitting on the throne, waiting for the ceremony to start with a couple of guards with her aswell. he sighed deeply and went back to the group. 

"what did you see?" chenle asked. 

"there are guards surrounding the whole area. two at the front, two on the left side and on the right side. they're accompanied by huge sharks. ocpois is inside with 4 guards with her." mark explained to them. 

it seemed impossible to defeat all of them considering that there are alot of them plus with sharks aswell and they were only eight who has nothing but themselves. 

"we need to get rid of the guards and sharks outside before going in." said jisung. the rest agreed to what he said and jaemin spoke up. "who will sit on the throne once the ceremony starts though? just asking.."

they all grew silent. after thinking throughly, mark replied. "i think soomin should sit on it while we all fight the others." 

hearing her name being mentioned, soomin widened her eyes and shook her head violently. "no way! why me?!"

haechan sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder, looking at her with desperate eyes. "you have to do this. you're the only one without powers while we do. not to be offensive but we are much more stronger than you. we can defeat the guards and ocpois while you sit on the throne. taeyong said anyone of us can sit on it since we're the official royalties of atlantis. so please, do it for us?"

soomin bit her lip anxiously and went silent for a few seconds leaving the boys anticipating for her answer. 

the girl sighed and looked up at them. 

"fine. i'll do it."

the boy's face lit up and smiles were plastered on their faces. they pulled her in for a group hug. 

soomin chuckled at their behavior and pulled out of the hug. 

"guys, lets do this!" mark happily chanted. 

ok i lied im sorry but i swear the 'battle' will start next chapter 🙏🙏🙏

IMAGINE THIS AS ATLANTIS but with a giant diamond on top and much more sparkly and with crystals everywhere lmao