Chapter 36

After putting my bags in the trunk of Eddie's car, I get in the passenger seat, buckle up and we hit the road.

As we're driving through town and towards the airport, I remember something.

"Hey, we need to make one stop before we go to the airport. Can you drop me off by the front door to Walmart?" I ask, turning to look at Eddie.

"Why do you need to go to Walmart?"

"There are some pictures I'd like to get developed. I should only be a couple of minutes."

Eddie nods his head and just a few minutes later, we're at the front door of the local Walmart.

"Thanks. I'll be right back," I say, getting out of the car.

I go to the instant prints by the front door and plug in my phone. I print off two copies of all of the pictures that the boys and I took together. While I wait for it to print, I set one of our group photos as my lock-screen and home-page of my phone.

After the prints are done and I pay, I get back into Eddie's car and he drives me to the airport.

"Here is your money; I'd use an ATM and put it onto your debit card or something. TSA might get a little suspicious if they see someone traveling with a whole bunch of cash."

I shake my head, "I'm gonna' need the money in order to pay your cousin, remember? I should probably keep the cash. I can explain everything to TSA if I really have to."

I take Eddie's hand in mine, looking up at him. "Thank you. You probably just saved my life, and I definitely owe you for that. Even if you did some really bad things to me, you still came around and helped, and that counts in my book."

Eddie smiles, ruffling my hair. "Happy 18th birthday, Sarah."

I smile, knowing that he remembered that it is officially my birthday.

"Thank you, Eddie." I say.

I turn around, grabbing my luggage from the ground, and walk into the airport, ready to start over in a new place.