Chapter 9

Harry begins to walk towards me and I nod my head, walking down the hallway towards my bedroom. I open the creaky door and step inside, instantly walking over to my closet and grabbing out my duffel bag. 

I go to my dresser and open the bottom drawer, where my most put-together clothes lay (as in not full of holes and dirt from the disgusting room).

I gather the small amount of clothes from the drawer into my hands and stuff them into the bag. I then move to the drawer above that, grabbing the more personal clothes and items. 

I look behind me, seeing that Harry had grabbed my backpack and had put all of my notebooks and smaller items inside.

I shiver, feeling goosebumps travel over my arms and legs. 

"Are you cold? Here..." Harry says, slipping off his hoodie. 

"I'll be fine," I protest, standing up. 

Harry quickly walks over to me, bunching up the hoodie in a way that my arms can go in easiest. He assists me in getting my arms into the jacket, but the more I try to move, the more the pain increases. 

He rolls the hoodie down my chest and torso, maneuvering it so I'm completely covered. He rolls the sleeves down my arms, seeing that they almost completely cover my hands.

"Is this all you have?" Harry asks, looking at my items confused.

I look down at my duffel bag, nodding my head. "Yeah, this is it."

I grab the last item from my room, my small, torn up wallet, containing around $150 in cash and my debit card. Harry and I walk out of the room, him quickly grabbing my bag from my hands, slinging it, as well as the backpack, over his shoulder.

We enter the living room and I look at the scene going on before my eyes. My dad is passed out on the couch, a bruise forming over his eye and on his temple. 

Niall and Liam are not in the room, most likely being in the kitchen or outside, and Louis and Zayn are standing by the couch, staring down at my dad with angry expressions. 

As we enter the room, they both look towards me, their facial expressions softening.

"C'mon, the rest of the boys are waiting in the car." Zayn says softly, outstretching his arm towards me. 

I wrap my hands around his bicep, holding it close to me as we walk towards the car, Harry and Louis behind us.

We walk towards the van and I can see Liam in the driver's seat with Niall in passenger. Zayn opens the side door of the van, stepping inside and going to the far back, gently leading me in after him. 

I sit down next to Zayn, Louis coming and sitting next to me while Harry sits in the row in front of us. I curl my head into Zayn's shoulder, a wave of exhaustion hitting me. As I start to drift off to sleep, I momentarily concentrate on what the boys are saying.

"She's asleep already; she must be exhausted," I hear Zayn comment from under me.

"I don't doubt it; she's had one hell of a day. If this is what one day looks like . . . guys, imagine what she's been through up to this point," Niall comments from the front passenger seat.

There is a moment of silence, and as I feel myself falling further into sleep, I hear Liam say something from the front seat that I will never forget: 

"She is never going to go through anything like that ever again. I'll make sure of it."