Chapter 6

(Warning: If you are in any way triggered by the following, do not read this chapter: blood, pain)

I clutch my stomach, just hoping for the pain to lessen. There are bruises all over my legs, arms and chest; I'm relatively sure they may have broken one of my ribs. 

At some point, Jaren and Marcus' grips slipped and I fell to the ground, too in pain to keep myself standing. Tyler took this opportunity to start kicking me, seeing as it would do more damage than punching.

I'm lying on my right side, clutching my knees to my chest, in too much pain to move. 

I don't want anyone to see me like this, but at this point, there is nothing I can do to prevent it, especially since I can hear some people talking at the bottom of the stairs. 

"The office said her locker was up here; that girl that was in there said that she saw Sarah go up the stairs but not down, and she had been standing by the door for about ten or fifteen minutes. Sarah is most likely still upstairs."

I don't bother moving, in too much physical pain to do anything but lay there and just hope it will all stop. The sound of the group of boys ascending the stairs greets my ears and I move my head slightly, angling it so my face is hidden in my arms. 

Seconds later, the footsteps stop, and I hear someone gasp. I slightly pry my eyes open, just enough to see the boys standing at the top of the stairs, looking down at me in shock.

Liam quickly runs forwards, sitting down on the ground next to me. He wraps his arms gently around my frail body and pulls me to his chest, soothingly rubbing his hand up and down my back. 

"Sarah, what happened?! Who did this?" Louis asks as they all gather around.

The group completely encircling me makes me start to get anxious. I feel myself starting to panic, clutching onto Liam's shirt as I move so I'm hiding my face in his shoulder. Liam fully wraps his arms around my torso, just holding me in an effort to help me calm down.

"Let's let Liam talk to her alone, lads," Zayn speaks up, ushering the group of boys back down the stairs.

 Now alone in the upstairs hallway, Liam begins to speak softly into my ear. 

"Sarah, please tell me what happened. Who is doing this to you?" 

I feel the tears begin to slip down my cheeks, dampening Liam's shirt. 

"I . . . I can't! They said that they will make it worse if I tell anyone!" I cry, tightening my grip on his shirt. 

"Please tell me! It kills me to see you like this," Liam pleads, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

I sigh, knowing he's not going to stop until he finds out who is doing it. It doesn't matter anyway; it's not like they will be in town for that much longer anyways.

"Tyler, Jaren, Marcus and Eddie..." I whisper into his shoulder, feeling him clench up his muscles.

We stay there for a few more minutes, him giving me time to calm myself down. 

"How about me and the lads bring you home, yeah? You said you had some family stuff to do." Liam says, rubbing my back. 

I freeze for a few seconds, thinking about home, then inevitably nod my head into his shoulder. They don't need to know about my home situation.