Chapter 3

(Warning: If you are in any way triggered by the following, do not read this chapter: blood, abuse, bodily harm, pain)

I walk farther down the hallway than everyone else, going up the stairs to my locker. After putting in my code on the lock, I grab out the sandwich that I had scrounged up for myself this morning. I close my locker and lean against it, sliding down until my butt was on the ground. 

I begin to eat the sandwich, a simple peanut butter and jelly, wiping my mouth with my cardigan sleeve if I felt anything stick under my lips.

Just as I am finishing my sandwich, I hear commotion coming from the stairwell. I stand up, looking around for an exit but there is none. That stairwell is the only thing that leads up to this portion of the school. I go around a corner in a doorway and sit down on the ground, out of sight from the main part of the hallway. Maybe they will just walk past me...

Once whoever it is ascends the stairs, it gets quiet. I listen harder, thinking maybe they just grabbed something and left, but that is not the case, and I should know that by now. 

Before I can even react, two pairs of hands reach around the corner, grabbing me and pulling me into the main part of the hallway. I clamp my eyes shut in fear, feeling whoever it is grabbing each of my arms and holding me up so I'm standing.

I slowly open the eyes, hoping to see someone, anyone but them, but to no avail. Tyler was standing in front of me, Jaren and Marcus holding my arms. I look to the right to see Eddie blocking off the camera with a piece of fabric. I sigh, knowing this one was going to be bad.

I keep my mouth shut, learning that it's better not to try and talk my way out of anything. Tyler begins to cock his arm back and I quickly close my eyes, waiting for it to start. Then it does.

I feel Tyler's fist pummel into my abdomen. I groan, leaning forwards in pain, only to have Jaren and Marcus hold me up further. After a while of that, something new starts to happen.

I'm used to the usual beatings, normally ending up with me not being able to move for a couple of days until it happens again. But this is different.

After hearing a whispered instruction from Tyler, Jaren and Marcus pull me down to the ground so I'm lying on my bruised stomach, Eddie joining them in holding me down on the ground. 

My eyes shoot open when I feel my left pant leg being rolled up, suddenly wishing I wore my tighter pants. These are tight, but not enough that they can't be rolled up.

I feel something cold pressed slightly against my leg as I hear them start laughing. I turn my head slightly and get a glimpse of what Tyler is holding in his hand but before I can process it, he starts.

The pain is immense; the second I begin to cry out and beg for it to stop, Marcus reaches his hand forwards and clamps it over my mouth, preventing me from making any sounds. 

I begin to try and move, get them off of me, to at least get them to stop; all my attempts were halted when Eddie, Jaren and Marcus tightened their grips on me. I'm sure to have hand-shaped bruises from how tight they're holding me, but as of now, that's the last thing on my mind.

The first bell rings, signaling everyone to get back to class. I feel the slicing happening faster before it finally stops. Without looking back, Tyler, Jaren, Marcus and Eddie all walk down the stairs, out of sight. 

I slowly slide forwards and twist my torso so I'm sitting on my butt, my back leaning against the wall. I pull my leg towards me, examining it. I knew they did not like me, but I never thought they would take the abuse this far.