Chapter 31

The next morning when I wake up, it's around 5:45 and I'm still on the couch. My back is resting against Louis' chest and he has his arm lightly draped around me. I slowly peel myself up so I can stand, trying my best to not wake him or anyone else for that matter. I look around the room, seeing that the rest of the boys are also asleep, Niall, Harry and Zayn snuggled together on the ground. I walk up the stairs and into my bedroom, and grab my phone from my pocket, unlocking it with my thumb-print.

     All of a sudden, I have an incoming call from my boss, Melanie. I start to get excited; unlike most people, I actually really enjoy working, specifically for Melanie. I quickly answer it. Melanie asks me if I can come to the cafe today, since my coworker Dee can't show up due to a 'family emergency'. I say yes, even though I'm aware that Dee purposefully misses her shifts and makes excuses, and say that I will be there in twenty minutes.

     The first thing that I do is call a cab to come to the house. I instruct them not to honk when they show up. The last thing I would want to do is wake up the boys this early in the morning.

     I get dressed into some clothes (pictured above) and put on my badge, which I had stored in my wallet. I check inside my wallet, making sure that I don't have too much cash stored inside and that I have my I.D. and debit card in case I want something to eat that isn't free to employees.

     I go downstairs and to the kitchen, grabbing out a sticky note and a pen. I write a note to the boys: where I'm going and around what time I expect to be back. I go back upstairs and put it on my door; I figure that if I'm not in the living room when they wake up, the first place they will look is my bedroom.

     I debate making some tea before I leave the house, but decide against it; the cafe gives employees free coffee during working hours, so I should be good to go.

     I go to the front door and look out the window, seeing the cab already parked outside. I slip on a pair of comfy shoes and walk outside, making sure to lock it behind me. I get in the cab and tell him my destination, buckling up and looking out the window for most of the way there.

Time Skip: 8 hours

     I've only got a half-hour left of my shift and I'm just ready to go home. Today has been a not-so-great day to work here. Yes, we had our regulars, who I've grown to love, and I'm always happy to be making time and a half due to me constantly covering Dee's shifts, but there was a really rowdy group of people in here earlier that managed to irritate me in every single way imaginable. People say it's the teenagers that are rude and snobby, but that is really not the case.

     I hear the doorbell go off so I put down my coffee and go to the register. "Hi there, what can I do for you?" I ask, typing my codes into the register to sign myself in. I look up shocked, seeing that Eddie, one of my high-school bullies is standing in front of me. Surprisingly, he looks somewhat relieved to see me, but he's worried about something.

"W-What are you doing here?"

(A/N: sorry this part is so short. I finally have gotten an idea for something in this story that would lead really well into a sequel!)