Chapter 27

There is a knock at the door, interrupting me from my thoughts. I look towards the door and say "come in", quickly walking to my nightstand to turn off the music. I turn back towards the door, seeing Niall come into the room. 

"Hey there," I say, opening one of the bags on my bed and grabbing out the large, soft black blanket.

"Woah! It's put together really nicely," Niall says, turning around and taking a look around the room. 

"Thanks; I'm just finishing up."

I walk to the couch and drape the blanket somewhat messily onto the left side of the couch, fluffing it and making it look neat. I grab one of the last three blankets from the other bag and put it on the end of my bed, smoothing it down with my hand. 

I grab the rest of the blankets and put them into the wicker basket I got from TJ Maxx, sliding the basket so it's next to the couch. 

"Well, I came up here to tell you that the lads and I have to go to an interview; this one is going to be longer than usual. Simon told us that it could take a couple of hours. The lads and I were wondering if you'd like to come with or stay here. Harry said that he's planning on making dinner later tonight  if we're not too tired after the interview, and then we can watch some movies or something." Niall says, leaning back against the wall behind him. 

"I think I'll just stay here. I haven't exactly been introduced to the press or social media just yet and it'd look a bit weird for me to tag along. I can busy myself here and I'll see you guys when you get back," I say, letting my arms lay limp at my sides.

The boys come into the room, obviously eavesdropping outside of the room and say goodbye, each giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Liam eyes me nervously, never having left me alone after what happened with my father, but I give him a big hug. 

"I'll be fine; don't worry. Have fun at the interview; I'll call if anything happens," I whisper to him, feeling him breathe out shakily and nod his head. I go down the stairs with the boys and wave to them as they all walk out the door one by one, shutting it behind them.

I take a deep breath and look around the room, looking towards a hallway I've never been in before. My curiosity gets the best of me and I walk towards the hallway, following it all the way down. My eyes widen when I see the sight before me.