Chapter Thirteen

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗
new era

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗new era

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

Irisa was sitting in the throne room as Heirsa entered.

"You threatened her did you?" He asked, leaning against one of the tall pillars and crossing his arms.

"You almost sound surprised." She replied boredly.

"Well incase you think of trying it again, I caution you to reconsider."

"I find it entertaining when those with such vulnerabilities try and sound powerful." Irisa responded, locking eyes with him with an icy countinance.

Heirsa chuckled. "Whose vulnerabilities are we talking about exactly?"

"Yours."

Heirsa's face contorted slightly. "Mine?"

"Your brother and sister; they were drafted weren't they?"

Heirsa nodded slowly, unsure of how she even knew about them.

"I bet you'd do anything for them, correct?"

"Your skills in deduction are absolutely staggering." Heirsa said sarcastically.

"Now of course I understand;" Irisa went in, ignoring his comment. "They're your siblings and you feel...responsible for them. Buuuut, I know something you don't."

Heirsa didn't say anything. He wasn't sure if he felt worried or not. He felt certain she knew anything about his brother and sister that he didn't already. 

"I know a secret or two." Irisa rose from her throne and descended off the dais. "And I'll let you in on one."

"Please inform me."

Irisa smirked. "Glad you comply." She said as she stopped in front of him. She put one hand on his arm and suddenly his surroundings shifted.

He glanced around. Was this Kyril?

"We're only inside one of your memories, don't look so shocked." Irisa said. "Now pay close attention to what's about to happen."

Heirsa's gaze found a young woman walking swiftly up to a cabin.The setting was instantly recognizable as the Luninson home. The woman held a baby swaddled in blankets. She knocked on the door, and Heirsa's mother opened it.

"Jain?" Delen asked. She looked young, but wise. As she always had. She appeared to be very pregnant, and there was a young toddler on her hip. It was Ronin no doubt, a year or so old.

"Take him Delen; Rue's been called to Arc and I've got no choice but to go with him." The other woman said, her words broke as she began to sob.

"What?" Delen asked.