Chapter Twelve

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗
these secrets among us

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗these secrets among us

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

During the battle...

Euwan shot a Republican just as he drew a sword. "I'll take that, thanks." Euwan said, picking up the sword from beside where the soldier had fallen.

He swung his bow over his shoulder for safe keeping, them moved along the side of a stone building into the small alley.

Glas, The Faye girl, had just pushed two republicans against the wall using her magic, knocking them clean out.

Euwan squinted at her suspiciously. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" He asked.

"What if I am?" Glas asked, walking swiftly towards him and pushing past him.

It suddenly clicked in his mind. "Hang on darling, stop right there." He said, taking a hold of her arm. She glared up at him, her nearly black irises seemingly injected with spite.

"Claws off, lout." She barked up at him.

"You're not from Coor; you're Portian." He said, ignoring her demands. Their faces were inches apart.

Glas jerked away from him, holding her hands up as forceful magic threw him against the wall and held him there. Her hand was right beside his head as she glared into his eyes. "You don't know anything about me." She seethed.

"Actually I do. You're obviously either an ex Portian slave or your parents were. I was in the marines. I know these things." He said curtly.

Glas narrowed her eyes at his smug expression. "If you breathe a word of this to anyone, I will kill you."

"Aye aye captain,"

"I hate you." Glas spat at him before releasing the magic and walking away.

"I hate you." Euwan mocked her after she'd left hearing distance. With that, he returned to the mission.

After returning to Shard...

"Why is he even here?" Ashira asked, standing a fair distance from her sister as the two stood on the wide parapet walk of the castle walls.

"A war needs a general."

"Not every kingdom needs a war."