United

I opened my eyes to be staring at a white ceiling, I slowly sat up and looked around, it looked like I was in some sort of hospital room, I sighed in disappointment and laid back down, tears quickly returning to my eyes, I then heard two people, one obviously Ann, talking outside the room.
"So he's stopped eating?" A male, who sounded like the doctor from yesterday, asked.
"Completely." Ann said, "He won't accept any sort of food from anyone and has stopped talking."
"That's worrying." The male said.
"We're all worried." Ann said, "It seems like they've both been having problems without each other, Toby's been acting similarly."
"That's what I heard." The male said, "And now I'm especially worried since his suicide attempt three days ago, he hasn't been awake at all since then."
"I think it's about time we take Toby to the secret location with Jack." Ann said, "Hopefully they'll start getting better once they're together."
"I agree." the male said, "But we'll have to wait until Tobias wakes up."
"Of course." Ann agreed, "I'll go check on him now."
I sat up and silently watched the door, it opened a few seconds later and Ann walked in, she looked up at me and stopped.
"I g-get t-to see J-Jack?" I asked quietly.
She relaxed, letting out a sigh of relief.
"That's the plan." She said, "We figure it would be best for you mentally if we put the two of you together."
I sighed as I slumped forward, I really wanted to see him.
"Though I have to keep you for a moment longer." She said, "Just to make sure you'll be alright."
"Okay..." I said quietly.
She came over and started to check me over, I just sat there silently as she checked me over, she then left the room, I sat quietly for a minute waiting to see what could happen, soon I heard the door open and I looked up, Ann had come back in, she had my duffle bag, she set it down and looked at me.
"Are you ready to go?" She asked.
I quickly got out of the bed, my legs were a little shaky but I ignore it, she gestured to the bag and I went over to it, I picked it up and slung it over my shoulder, she then opened the door and we began to leave, I stayed close to her and stayed quiet, it was dark and I didn't see anyone as we walked through the weird hospital place, soon we reached a stone staircase and she began to climb it, I followed behind in silence, we reached a large red door and she opened it, she walked right out into the forest, I followed close behind, it was dark and obviously rather late at night, she quickly moved around me and closed the door, she then went around me again and lead me off, I didn't say anything the entire time we walked, after a while we reached a thinner part of the forest, I could see house lights in the near distance, we were heading to it, I sped up a bit to stay near Ann, soon we got really close to the house, someone was standing outside with their arms folded, Ann didn't seem to care about this person, we just kept getting closer, soon the person noticed up, they quickly pulled a hood up over their head and I recognized the dirty white hoodie they were wearing, this was that Kate girl, she watched us as we came over.
"He's alright?" She asked as she looked at me.
"I'm certain he will be soon." Ann said, "Where is he?"
"In his room." Kate said.
"Still not eating?" She asked.
Kate shook her head.
"He's stopped talking, too." Kate said, "If he wouldn't have made it I don't think he'd last must longer."
"We still don't know if this will work." Ann started heading inside, "Not until we see Jack's reaction."
So this is the secret location everyone's been talking about?
"Come along, Toby." Ann said.
I came back to reality, I quickly followed her into the house, it seemed really nice, kind of in disarray though, on the walls in the main entrance right next to the stairs was a crudely drawn picture of some pine trees and The Slender Man, I kept my eyes away as I followed Ann upstairs, we went to the left, past the railing, and to a door, Ann looked at me quietly.
"Try not to startle him too much." Ann said quietly.
She turned back to the door and opened it, she moved out of the way and I slipped in, my heart was caught up in my throat, Jack was sitting on the edge of a large bed silently with his head in his hands, I dropped the bag and Jack jumped, as he turned to me I ran and jumped on him, I obviously scared him more seeing as how he basically jumped out of his skin, I quickly buried my face into his chest and bawled, he seemed stunned for a moment before he grabbed my head.
"Toby?" He asked.
"S-S-Sorr-ry! I'm s-sorr-ry!" I bawled into him.
"Alright, alright, calm down." He attempted to soothe me, "Easy."
I sat there crying heavily on him, he eventually wrapped his arms around me and began comforting me, I kept apologizing as I cried, I was crying too loud to hear if Ann left, Jack finally pried me away from him and cradled my face.
"Why are you apologizing?" He asked, "What happened?"
I began trying my best to explain everything to him, but a majority of it was a jumbled mess of apologies and crying.
"Alright, that's enough." He said as he grabbed my shoulders, "I can't understand you."
"I-I'm s-s-sorr-r-ry..." I sobbed quietly.
He pulled me back into his arms before he laid down with me, I held him tightly as I tried to stop crying, he rubbed my back silently, I was so happy to be back with him, I laid with him slowly calming down as he was slightly rubbing my back, when I had finally calmed down I looked up at Jack to see he was asleep, I slowly and carefully slipped out of his arms, I slipped out of the bed and wandered around a bit, the room was obviously a master suite, it even had an adjacent bathroom, I did my best to stay quiet as I looked around the room, just so I wouldn't wake Jack, I finally left the room to explore a bit more.
"So Toby's been highly paranoid?" I heard Kate say from somewhere downstairs.
I snuck down to listen to the conversation.
"Yes." Ann said, "Especially about Jason, who's been very nice to him, and very concerned."
"Well, Toby wouldn't be the only person paranoid about innocent people." Kate said, "Before he was poisoned he was acting paranoid about everyone at the complex, including Kage."
"Damn." Ann said.
"What I find weird is what he said to Kage during a paranoia attack." Kate said, "You're my friend, and I trust you a lot, but I just don't like the way everything is out to kill me, so just leave me alone." She seemed to be quoting Jack.
"That's odd." Ann said, "He and Kage never had any sort of problem with each other before."
"I honestly think he was mostly thinking about Toby." Kate said, "I think he was suspicious that he was trying to kill Toby so Jack would go with him."
"That doesn't sound like Kage." Ann said.
"Oh, I know." Kate said, "Kage really wants Jack to go back to the way he was, he desperately wants Jack happy."
"I was about to say..." Ann trailed off, "I guess his paranoia is understandable."
"I still don't understand Toby's..." Kate trailed off, "Maybe I could get it out of him."
"It's a long shot." Ann said.
"Well, if not me, I'm certain he'll tell Jack." Kate said, "That's all we can hope."
I most definitely will tell Jack, he'll understand me and protect me, unlike everyone else who usually passes it off as mental illness, seeing as how I've suffered from multiple illnesses since I was young, Jack was the only one who understood me.
"Anything else Jack has done that's been raising red flags?" Ann asked.
"I know that I told you he's stopped talking, but that's not entirely true." Kate said, "Every few hours for the past week he'd ask where Toby was."
"Really?" Ann asked, "Why?"
"I don't know." Kate said, "But there's one thing that really concerns me."
"What would that be?" Ann asked.
"Two days ago Jack came up to me, during the time when he stopped talking completely and asked if Toby was still alive." Kate said, "I told Jack that Toby was fine, but minutes afterward I got word that Toby was left in critical condition after a failed suicide attempt."
I quietly went back to the bedroom, I quietly closed the door and looked back at Jack asleep on the bed, I quietly went over to him and gently crawled into the bed next to him, I wiggled myself into his arms, then closed my eyes, I never wanted to leave him again.