Life Light

I was sitting silently in the shower, the water had gone cold at this point but I didn't care, Jack has been gone for a really long time and I had no information on what he was doing nor when he'd be back, Hoodie hasn't really acknowledged me, either, I'm pretty sure he thinks about that day every time he looks at me, and honestly I think the same damn thing when I see him, and I always have to fight in order to not become flustered, every time we passed each other in any situation we both would just slightly brisken our pace, and every time we did that Masky would just seem so confused and I must admit, it was kind of amusing to see him look at both of us, then quickly trying to get to Hoodie's side to ask what was going on, I was pulled from my thoughts when the room suddenly went dark, I jumped slightly, I looked around the room wide-eyed for a moment, I fumbled for the handle and eventually turned off the water, I quickly got out and began looking for a towel, I don't even know how long it took to find it, I quickly started drying myself off as I began leaving the room, I could hear distant screams and shouting, I was somewhat already used to being in the dark so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I quickly got decent and went out into the hall to see a figure running down the hall screaming, I ducked out of the way as they ran past me.
"Shut up!" I heard Masky shout from somewhere.
There was more screaming, I quickly went out and started heading downstairs, I could see the outline of Hoodie standing in one of the rooms.
"Will you all just shut up?!" Masky asked angrily.
"Is th-the p-power comep-pletely out?" I asked Hoodie.
He looked at me slightly.
"Um, yeah." He replied as he looked away.
Well, this just sucks, I looked into the room to see a majority of everyone was standing around, some were acting like crazed chickens without heads while others were completely calm.
"We can't stay like this!" I heard a girl, I believe Nina, say.
"This place is too dark!" Clockwork complained.
"Someone could get killed!" Someone else added.
"We can't see anyone trying to attack us!" One final person added.
"Alright, calm down." Hoodie said as he stepped forward, "Panicking isn't going to fix anything."
Immediately everyone began to panic, they were all shouting and screaming, I covered my ears as they all shouted, Masky was shouting back angrily, Hoodie just placed his hand over his forehead and let out a sigh.
"Shut up." He said angrily.
It immediately fell silent.
"You're all running around and screaming, making it so us Proxies can't fix the power because we have to make sure you all don't fucking lose your heads." He said, "And at this point, it's in a literal sense!"
It was dead quiet.
"Now if you'd all just behave and sit down, Masky and I will detect the problem and get the power back on." He said sternly, "Either that or just go back to your rooms and wait until then."
He stood there silently looking at everyone, some began to leave the room while others just sat on the floor or chairs, some letting out sighs, I just began to leave figuring that I'd either go back to my room or maybe go to Jack's room, once I reached the floor with Jack's room I figured I'd just go there, I went off to the door and just went in, I quietly closed the door and looked up just in time to be pinned to the door with a knife heading to my face.
"Whoa! W-Wait!" I shouted as I used my arms to protect myself.
They immediately stopped and let me go.
"Goddamnit Toby!" Clockwork shouted, "I could have killed you!"
I let out a sigh of relief knowing it was just her, she's one of the few that were actually generally okay with me, she folded her arms.
"Why are you in here?" She asked, "Isn't your room on the third floor?"
I was dead quiet, shit I don't have an excuse.
"I, uh... g-got c-confused." I said.
"Confused?" She asked.
"Um... H-Hoodie asked... if I-I'd g-get someth-thing for h-him..." I said quietly, I knew his room was on this floor.
"Oh." She said as she relaxed slightly, "I see how you got confused, his room's two doors down."
"Y-Yeah, thanks." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.
"No problem." She said, "Just be careful."
"I w-will." I said.
"No, I mean you need to be careful that you go left outside the door two doors." She said, "If you go right five doors you'll end up in Eyeless Jack's room."
"Oh." I said quietly, "Um, th-thanks."
"No problem." She waved, "Good luck."
I then left the room, well that was embarrassing, but then again she did the same thing with me a while back, I let out a sigh and began heading right, going to Jack's room, just as I reached the door I was grabbed from behind, I yelped and tried to turn around, but instead I was shoved against a wall, I saw it was Masky.
"You need to stay out of that room." He said seriously.
I furrowed my brow slightly, then I tried to push him off me, he pulled me away from the wall and shoved me back into it.
"Stay out of that room." He repeated in a growl.
"Why?!" I asked angrily.
"Because I want Jack gone." He said seriously, "I want him out of this place and far away, but you are goddamn keeping him here."
I glared at him, I pried at his fingers slightly.
"Th-Then I g-guess you'll j-just have t-to suck it u-up!" I said angrily, "Bec-cause I d-don't c-care!"
I flinched when he raised his fist to punch me, he moved his arm quickly but his fist was caught by someone, I looked to see it was Jack, he pushed Masky's arm away and grabbed the front of my shirt, he then pried Masky off me.
"Why don't you go bark up another tree?" Jack asked, "I'm tired and I'd prefer not to throw you today."
Masky was silent, he shoved his hands into his pockets and started walking away, bumping into Jack as he walked past, Jack sat there listening to him walk away for a minute before he was basically gone, he then looked at me.
"You really do attract trouble, don't you?" He asked as he let me go.
I didn't say anything as I looked down, knowing he doesn't like apologies, so I just kept my mouth shut.
"Why were you going to my room?" He asked.
"The p-power's out..." I replied quietly.
"Oh, well that explains why mostly everyone was sitting downstairs." He said, "But that doesn't explain why you were going to my room."
I was quiet again, he sighed.
"Alright, fine, you can follow me." He said as he started heading to the door, "Annoying shit."
He started heading to his room and I followed close behind, I looked to the side to see someone standing at the end of the hall watching us, I quickly went into the room behind Jack, Jack closed the door and I just stood there, wondering who could have seen us.
And what the downfall to that could be.