Chapter 40 (part 2)

*I realized I should have made the last chapter longer so here's this*

-------------------------------------------------

We brought in our luggage after talking with Holland about life. Of course, we needed to keep some things private. However, i think that Holland knows cobsideribg she kept pressing and asking questions. Luckily, years of telling people I am straight was enough practice for lying well.

The kids attempted to help us bring our things in, and by that, they held onto the handle as I pulled the suitcases.

"Okay so tell me," I ask Adelaide as we cuddle on the bed, exhausted from the drive. "What does Holland know?"

"Well," she sighs, "I didn't see this as huge. But, when she picked me up from the airport, in August, she noticed I had a tiny crush on you." She giggles. "She knows me better thsn anyone. But, yeah, those five hours in the plane with you were enough for me to be absolutely infatuated."

I grin and turn my head to look at her. She looks back at me and her face is red, blushing as hard as she can.

"You are such a cutie!"

"Shut up!" She hits my arm playfully.

"My mom liked you," I say as I look back up at the ceiling. I take a deep breath before continuing. "She would ask about you. Ask how you were doing. She said that if she could have any daughter-in-law to choose from, it would always be you. She knew That despite all the fucked up shit that goes in my life, especially with my dad, you made me happy. And she really appreciated that I had you when I did. Because who knew where I would be without you. Maybe dead."

I hear my voice breaking and the tears falling diwn thensides of my face as I look at the ceiling. But not being able to look at the woman beside.

"As much as I am going to miss her talks and advice. I think the one thing that I will always be sad about, is that she won't walk me down the aisle or meet my kids."

I continue to sob, and Adelaide just holds me and let's me let it out. I think she knows i need to. I have been so worried about Kona and helping her. Which I needed. Gave me some distraction. But a little too much.

"From the brief moment I had with her," she speaks up when I calm down, "I could tell she was a good woman and an amazing mother."

I nod my head. "She was."

All of a sudden the door opens and two small children jump on the bed.

"Aunt Addy!! Aunt Lily is awake!" The boy exclaims.

I look over at Adelaide to see her smiling in awe of the kids. She looks back at me, her eyes sparkling.

"Well let's go!" She says. "We can talk more later." She gives me a kiss on the cheek and a small smile.

I follow Adelaide out of the hall and bsck to the living room. I see a girl who seems a few years older than me run towards Adelaide and throw her arms around her. After two seconds, the girl looks at me and walks to me.

"You must be the famous Willow!" She exclaims.

I raise my eyebrow at Adelaide when I hear her say "famous".

"Adelaide, how much have you spoken about me?" I ask.

"Just a tiny bit," she holds up her fingers not pressed together, but not far apart.

"So you're her student right?" The girl who must be Lillian asks. "What instrument do you play? Or do you sing?"

We walk over to the couch to sit. Lillian on my right and Adelaide on my left. "I play trumpet."

"That is so cool! How good are you?"

"I'm alright," I shrug my shoulders.

"Oh stop," Adelaide speaks up. "You are my best musician, and don't forget you participated in all state for two years straight, in the top three chairs."

Lillian looks back at me with her mouth open.

"You're amazing! How long have you played?"

"Since I was five," i respond to her question.

"Wow," she looks in awe, "Addy is the only person in our family to be musical." She looks over to her older sister smiling as she watches lillian and I converse.

"So what do you want to study in college?" Lillian continues.

"Music education actually," I smile. "However, if positions are limited, I can go into performance."

"I'd pay to see you perform." She says.

I pick up a water bottle on the coffee table to take a sip.

"Now tell me," Lilliam continues, "what is going on with you and my sister?" She asks bluntly.

I choke on the water I just put into my mouth and cough. I feel Adelaide's hand on my back.

"Lily!" Adelaide exclaims.

"I-I," I stutter, "I don't know what you are getting at?"

"Oh come on," she laughs, "we all know. Except our parents. Addy talks about you nonstop. And what student stays with their teacher on breaks and goes with them to their family's christmas?"

"A close one?" I try to answer.

"Lily, stop," Adelaide answers again.

"Oh come on," Lillian says, "I like her. I know you two are just close. There is no problem in that." She looks over to me. "Willow, I am just joking with you."

I look over at Adelaide nervously. She gives me a small smile in return.

"Now, even though you two aren't together, still don't tell mom and dad you are her student. That'll just open a whole can of worms I don't want to witness."

I nod my head and Adelaide and her catch up on what they have been doing for the past four months.

------------------------------------------------

I have this idea for a book. So it is kind of like The Handmaid's Tale, and The Selection. So basically a girl is sold to a women to carry her children. So this girl goes in and is sold however the lady that buys her doesn't want children, but a lover. She's a single lesbian who is just lonely. Damn i'd read it.