Chapter 20

It is now the day before I leave for Thanksgiving break, and I can't wait any longer for it. I really need a break. I will be leaving for home tomorrow and coming back a week later. I really can't wait to see my mom. It has been a month since she came to the concert.

I wake up and get changed. Since it is the day before break we do not have to wear our uniforms. I settle for a Fleetwood Mac t-shirt, a leather jacket, skinny jeans, and my black vans. My hair in a bun.

I walk to the dining room, my hands in my pockets. Listening to the birds and the silencr of the morning. I do not need my bag today because in all of the classes e are just relaxing. Well, except for band.

When I sit at the table Adelaide and I sit at, I look over to the table the other girls are at. The last time I spoke to any of them was when Spencer sat with me. Even Logan, my own roommate hasn't said anything to me. I finally break my stare when Sierra turns her head and looks at me. I miss them. As much as I love spending time with Adelaide, I miss talking to people my own age. Gossiping, going out. Adelaide has already done all of that. Now she probably just wants to settle down. And as much as I have no problem eith that, I feel like I am missing out on so much.

I finish my food quickly amd walk to Culinary. For class today we are preparing a Thanksgiving meal. Not the turkey though. But all the side dishes. Like, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, yams with marshmellows on top, stuffing. I am pretty excited.

***

The day quickly flows by, and all of a sudden I am packing to go home. My flight is scheduled for nine o'clock in the morning. However, it is noon o'clock on the east coast. Which is crazy to think about. So Adelaide is taking me to the airport at 8.

Yes Adelaide is taking me. Only a few of us are going home on the east coast. However, we all live on different parts, so there are different flights. Adelaide offered to take me. She is staying here and having Tha ksgiving with her sister, Holly and her family.

I walk downstairs and walk into Adelaide's room.

"Hey, you need to knock," Adelaide says while turning around.

"Well, what if I don't want to?" I ask her while wrapping my arms around her waist and leaning my head on her chest.

She wrapps her arms around me and rests her chin on my head.

"You're something else, Willow Fields," she chuckles.

"I know," I look up at her and smile. "But you like it."

She pecks my lips. "I'm going to miss you, beautiful," she says sweetly as she brushes my hair out of my face.

"Yeah," I lean my head on her chest again. "I'm going to miss you Also. But at least it is only for a week."

"Yeah, I know. I can't wait to show you what I have planned for our week together."

"Ugh, I can't wait to see," I grab her hand and walk over to the bed. "I'll call you every night, okay?"

"I know. But it isnt the same."

I lay on her bed and open my arms. "Then let's spend our last night together for a week, in each other's arms."

She smiles and crawls over to me. "I like that idea."

***
I wake up with Adelaide stilled wrapped around me. I lay in bed in silence. Feeling her stomach go up and down while she is sleeping. How peaceful and stressless she looks. How vulnerable she is. She makes herself out to be so strong, but seeing her as if she is a child is my favorite. I look over at the clock and see the time.