Chapter 30

We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around and talking and eventually we got hungry and decided to go to In-N-Out a couple blacks away.

"So Willow," Michael begins to ask as we wait for our food, "what do you plan on doing after graduation?"

Miss Ross and Adelaide look at me. I look at Adelaide and see that her face is a mix between worry and curiosity.

"Well, I have applied to a couple colleges closer to my family on the east coast, a college in colorado, and a couple colleges here in Southern California."

"What is in Colorado?" Miss ross asks.

"Well,"I look over at Adelaide and see her head down. Seemingly trying to ignore the conversation."It is a college that is absolutely wonderful. It is beautiful and small. It seems like the perfect college."

The employees call Mrs. Ross and her husbands' number and they stand up to grab their food.

"I didn't really think about you going to college." She says.

I frown and put my hand over hers. "Can we talk about this later?" I ask.

She nods her head a d pulls her hand away.

Adelaide and i's food is called soon after and we all eat and go our separate ways. The walk back is the same as the walk earlier today, quiet with tension. Me, trying to not cry thinking about everything. This is sure to just break us up. Adelaide has been so scared since we met about all of this.

Adelaide goes straight into the room when we get to the house. I grab my camera and a blanket and head out to the beach. I lay the blanket on the sand and sit. I spend nearly half an hour just watching the waves and listening. Distracting myself.

After an hour of sitting on the beach, I figure out what to do.

****
While Adelaide was in the shower I packed all of ny clothes and belongings and put them in my suitcase and put it downstairs. I sit on the couch until Adelaide gets done.

About 10 minutes later I hear her come down the stairs and I turn. She sees my suitcase by the door and looks at me.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"School." I look down at my hands.

"What?" She asks. "We have a little tension and you are just going to leave?"

"And What about you?" I retort. "You haven't spoken to me at all today and all I can think is that everything is my fault. That I have hurt you. That I am a terrible person. And all you have done is completely ignore me today. And it hurts Adelaide."

"No," she finishes comong downstairs to me. "Nothing is your fault and you have not hurt me. I just needed to think."

"And you couldn't have told me that?" I sit back down on the couch and look at my hands again.

"Adelaide," I don't look up. "As much as I trully want to stay here for the rest of the week. I think we both need to get ourselves and our thoughts together."

She doesn't say anything and I take that as my signal to leave. I already called an uber and when i walk outside it is there. When the driver drives away I look at the house and see Adelaide looking out the window with tears rolling down her face. That is when I feel the tears falling down mine.

An hour later we reach the school and I quickly get out and thank the driver. I make my way to my building and don't go upstairs, but to Adelaide's room.

I open her door and close it and go to her bed. I grab her pillow from her side and hold it and start crying. I hate arguing with people, and our situation isn't too great either. Why does life have to suck? Why can't life be sunshine all the time?

I sit up on her bed and look around. The television and dresser on the Wall opposite the bed. The desk with her laptop and music scores on it. The closet with all of her clothes. I have never noticed jow exceptionally tidy she is. I admire it.

I eventually head upstairs, it is almost 9 o'clock by now. The building is so quiet and with that my steps echo along with me carrying my suitcase. The climb to the fourth floor has become easier with time.

I reach my room amd as soon as I open the door I scream. However, I get a closer look at the person standing in my room and see it is in fact, my roommate.

"I didn't kmow you were coming back yet."

"Nor did I know about you," sbe says. "How was your Thanksgiving?"

I begin to unpack my suitcase. "It was nice to see people. Especially the ones I didn't get to say bye to in August."

She nods her head. "That's good."

"Hlw was yours?" I ask in return.

"Same old. My family argued over the fact that I am a female. My mom didn't speak to me. And I basically just waited till I could come back here."

I frown and walk over and hug her. "I am sorry you have to go through this."

She snifflws. "It isn't your fault."

"But I still feel bad."

"Thank you." She gives a small smile and we both go to bed soon after.

-------------------------------------------------

Ya know. When I was just a reader, I always thought it would be so easy to write....it isn't!!! So I apologize to all the writers that I would become frustrated with because they took forever, I understand now.