.30

"Luke." Was the only word I could form with my lips. It was barely above a whisper and I'd be surprised if anyone but me had heard it.

I watched as Luke turned on his heels beginning to move away from where Xander and I stood.

He still had one hand protectively on my waist holding me so I was hugging his frame as though Luke would turn back and jump us.

Without a single word to Xander, I pulled out of his grip and chased after Luke who was now two houses away from me.

"Luke!" I called to him running harder. He didn't even acknowledge me though, continuing to walk in the same direction like he was taking a nightly stool.

I didn't know if Xander was still in front of my house or if he was long gone by now, but he was the last thing on my mind at the moment. "Luke, stop!" I tried again now only a meter from him.

With one more stride, I caught up to him, spinning him around to me after reaching for his shoulder. "Luke..." My voice trailed off not knowing what else to say.

He put up his hand as if telling me everything was fine but his cold smile said else wise. "Don't worry about it."

He began walking backwards, taking me in from head to toe before turning back around to continue on with his walk. "Coming here was a mistake." He muffled out.

I watched him until I couldn't see him, but I didn't move from where I stood. The memory of Xander coming up behind me and lightly wrapping his arm around my middle was blurred in my mind.

I couldn't even remember the words that he whispered in my ear while I continued to stare at the spot where Luke was just standing.

Luke.

I felt the tugging on my heart that the word seemed to have an effect on but this time I knew what the feeling was. It wasn't loss or anger or hurt.

It was love.

-

"And then he was just gone." I shook my head at the statement like it was some sort of unbelievable fact. "I felt as if a piece of my heart got torn away from me and left with him."

Lottie stayed silent while I recapped the unexplainable events of the night. I remember only a few minutes ago when she busted threw my bedroom door with the brightest smile plastered on her face as I sat staring at the ground still trying to take in everything that had just played out.

She began to tell me about how incredible her date with Kean was until she took in my face and pretty well pried the story out of my mouth.

"You love him." Lottie whispered to me. My head was resting in her lap while she played with the honey coloured stands of my hair. "Luke loves you too."

I scoffed at the comment. "More like he hates me."

"If he hated you do you really believe that he'd pull that huge dramatic scene tonight which by the way would have totally got a five star rating from a movie critic."

A small smile tugged at my lips from her words. "Listen, he loves you and you need to go after him before he decides to head back to Australia."

I let out a sigh not totally convinced. "I don't know."

"We'll go first thing tomorrow when we wake up." She told me but I shook my head in disagreement.

"He'll be gone by then," Getting to my feet I moved towards my closet to find a beanie and my coat. "I'm going now."

"It's nearly 4 though." I gave her a shrug as I made my way towards my bedroom door. "Let me at least drive you there."

"It's fine, I already texted Xander." So it may have been a lie but Lottie shouldn't be upset tonight, this should have been a happy night for her. Pulling out my phone I quickly sent a text to Xander before I left.

-

"Thanks for giving me a ride." I yelled to Xander over the nose of riding on a motorcycle.

"Of course." He replied back driving fast on the quiet night roads.

It was odd to see New York's streets so empty though of course everything was still lit up.

I let out a sad sigh wishing that I was riding on the back of Luke's motorcycle instead of Xander's, hugging his body to mine and taking in the beautiful sites surrounding us.

The sign that directed us to the airport caught my eye as I watched it counting down the distance between us before we were on top of it. Then passed it.

"Xander, you passed the turn off." I called over to him. He made no attempt to turn around, revving the engine and gaining more speed.

"Xander." I repeated more forcefully only to end up with the same result.

I watched helplessly as we continued down the highway before finally turning off onto a ramp.

"Xander stop." I ordered. "I want to go back home."

"And I need my head so shut up." He hissed over his shoulder causing ice to creep over my insides.

I sensed that something was wrong when we passed the airport exit but now I was certain. A part of me was thinking about jumping off the bike all together but I knew it was a death sentence, even if I did survive it there was no way I'd out run Xander with his motorcycle.

We came to a stop outside of an old warehouse that was most likely abandoned.

The moment Xander slowed enough for me to jump off the back, I bolted. He was quick though, reaching behind him and holding my arm in such a tight grip that I wouldn't be surprise if I lost all feeling in the limb once he let go.

He dragged me inside the beaten up structure before calling out into the empty space.

"She's here!" Xander yelled out.

We didn't have to wait long before a familiar figure strolled out of the shadows.

"Good," Rowan flashed me a smile filled with evil. "Now the party can begin."

-

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading this chapter and if you enjoyed it then definitely vote :) It seriously helps me out so much!