.20

Luke's P.O.V

I stood there for ten seconds waiting for the excruciating pain to begin coursing through my body and my breaths to become weak, but nothing happened.

The loud grunts and skin to skin contact was the sound that filled my ears next causing my eyes to snap open.

I took in my surroundings; Ella now fighting off the seven or so guys in Jai's gang like they were nothing. The sight of how strong she's become sent a smile to my face, but it quickly dissolved once I saw the body on the ground at Ella's feet.

My hands automatically began to search my middle frantically for any bullet wounds but there was nothing there.

I felt shock absorb my body as my eyes landed on the face of the man whom Ella shot instead of me. Jai lied motionless, his stomach not moving indicating that he had stopped breathing.

My eyes landed back to Ella who by now had nearly taken out the entire all seven. I hardly recognized her anymore with her hard set stare showing no weakness or vulnerability.

She wasn't the same girl who I met 5 months ago in her room at her brother's party. She wasn't the lost girl who thought there was nothing else in her life.

She was strong and more beautiful than ever, because she was finally free from herself.

I took a moment to collect myself from my near death experience before jumping in and helping Ella with the rest of the guys.

It took us nearly five minutes before all of them were lying unconscious on the ground.

We both stood there, staring at one another for a long while trying catching our breaths from the fight. Ella was the first to move, running over to where I stood before I engulfed her small fragile body in my arms.

I heard her soft weeping as she held on to me tighter like I would slip threw her fingers.

Bringing my head down, I kissed her lightly on her forehead before bringing my lips down to meet hers.

"I'm here now," I told her wiping the tears that were still staining her cheeks off with my thumbs. "You're safe."

-

Ella's P.O.V

We were at the police station for most of the day, filling out reports and documents.

I remember my parents and brother coming through the front doors of the office and swallowing me up in their arms.

My mom and I both cried together telling one another how much we loved the other and how she'd never let anything like that happen to me again.

I remember looking up into my dad's usually cold set stare seeing them brim with tears as he gave me one last hug and a kiss on the head.

Luca didn't bother holding back his tears, too over joyed to see me home safe and sound.

"I still can't believe you dyed your hair." My mom mutter making a smile crack on my lips.

"It's not like I had much of a choice," I told her. "Jai wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be recognized easily."

"But you had the prettiest honey coloured hair." She whined, picking up a strand of the blonde hair and twirling it around her index finger.

"It was either that or cutting it all off."

Most of the day consisted of paper work: filling out a found person document and the use of a gun in defense. Though I did kill Jai, the police let me off telling me that it was out of protection for myself and Luke.