.19

It was just past midnight , knowing Jai wouldn't be returning back to the complex for another three hours.

Him and some of the other guys played poker every night gambling money, drugs and sometimes girls.

I walked to my closet, looking for a sweater to throw on but stopping once I opened the door.

The thousand dollar dresses and designer jeans looked at me like they were depressed. All of them were gifts from Jai, a peace offering I remember him telling me.

I knew that he wanted me in ways he couldn't though I don't think what he felt for me could be called love, more so the victorious feeling of getting the one girl you have no chance with in bed.

Not one bit of me felt bad for him when it came to him doing everything in his path for me and me not returning the love.

I hated him with all my gut knowing that if he really loved me then he would have let me go.

I grabbed my oversized navy sweater and threw it over my head. Closing my eyes I began going over the plan that I had forming in my mind for over a week now.

Tonight was the night I was going to break free from this hell hold.

Alex and I thought it up one day during training and in that instant I knew I could trust her.

I remember trying to convince her to come along with me but she told me that this is where she belonged now and she's accepted that.

No matter how hard I tried she always rejected the offer. Instead she told me that I needed to go alone, take the subway back into the city and make a run for it to the police station.

Jai wouldn't know I was missing until sun rise giving me a solid 7 hours which was more than enough time.

I pushed the lobby button on the elevator key pad as I began my ride to freedom.

The ding sounded, telling me that I arrived on the floor I asked for before stepping out the doors only to be pushed back in.

"It was almost a good plan," Jai smiled as he held Alex by the neck cutting off her windpipe causing her to gasp for air.

"Almost is the key word in that sentence."

"Put her down, Jai." I glared at him. "This was my plan she had no part."

He turned, moving his gaze to Alex. "Oh honey, you don't need to protect her. She already fessed up to everything."

"I'm sorry," She wheezed out.

I nodded my head, telling her it wasn't her fault knowing Jai probably tortured the truth out of Alex.

Jai moved passed me and pushed the top floor button on the key pad. The entire ride up was silent, only Alex's quick breaths reminding me that they were here.

The elevator doors opened up into Jai's flat. I watched in horror as he threw Alex to the ground while she began coughing, the freedom to breath again being to overwhelming.

"Listen you little bitch," Jai snarled at me. "If you don't want to play by my rules then there's going to be consequences."

"Jai," I breathed out not taking my eyes off of Alex. "Stop it."

"Shut up!" He yelled sending a hard slap to my face causing me to fall to the marble floor.

My hand automatically went up to cradle the area where his hand collided with my cheek.

I winced once my finger tips brushed the now sensitive skin before looking up to see Jai taking his hand gun from the waistband of his jeans and pointing it at Alex's middle.