.10

The next morning I woke early so I could get Luke to the hospital. I remember waking up with his arms wrapped securely around my middle and his eyes watching me.

I doubted that he got more than an hours worth of sleep from the horrible pain he must be feeling from his leg.

"Come on, we gotta get you to the hospital." I began throwing the covers off myself before I felt something pull me back down.

It was Luke who brought me back down to him and curled up against the length of his body.

"Can't we just stay like this a little longer?" He purred in my ear.

As tempting as the thought of lying in bed all day with Luke was, I knew that we had to get to the hospital. "Come on," I tried again finally gathering enough strength to break free of his hold.

"You're no fun," He pouted before trying to get himself up only causing him to bite off a grunt of pain.

"I'll go grab my mom," I told him. "In the meantime, you stay seated on my bed and don't try to move too much."

Before I could let him argue, I made a dash for my parents bedroom. A ting of guilt washed through me as I woke my mom from her sleep knowing she probably didn't get much shut eye from worrying about what happened last night.

I told her that Luke was here and we needed to get him to the hospital, though I left out the part that he stayed the night only imagining the punishment she'd give me.

I left their room returning back to mine to help Luke get down the stairs and into my mom's SUV. The entire ride was filled with awkward tension between my mom and Luke both knowing the other wasn't too found of them bringing back the insistent of Luke and Luca.

I decided to sit in the backseat with Luke just to make sure he was okay and if anything happened I was there to help.

Finally reaching the hospital, we made our way to Emerg' while the doctors took Luke from us. I watched my mom phone what I suspected was Luke's mom as she told her the entire story of what went down last night.

My body felt giddy like I couldn't stay still while we waited for Luke to be finished with.

It took Luke's mom 20 minutes to get to the hospital as she spotted us sitting in the Emergency room waiting.

"Liz," My mom stood up a wrapped her arms around Luke's mom engulfing her in a hug. I knew that the two of them were friends since childhood but since what happened between Luca and Luke they rarely saw one another anymore. The thought saddened me, thinking back to Nicole and I.

I couldn't imagine anything that could have separated us. We needed the other like we needed or lungs to breathe. But now one thing does come in between us and that's life and death.

Liz and my mom talked the entire time trying to pull away from the thought of Luke knowing how much it pained Liz. They reminded me of school girls talking to each other in hushed tones and giggling every so often.

In total we were at the hospital for 40 minutes before Luke Stepped back out into the waiting room with crutches and a hospital gown. I pretty well doubled over in laughter at the sight of the lanky bad boy in a dress causing Luke to stare daggers in my head.

"Man you're lucky I'm not popular or I'd have a photo of you like this all over the internet."

He gave me his signature smirk, "If you're a good girlfriend you'll keep this dress thing between you and I."

My eyebrows raised at the mention of one word, "Girlfriend, huh?"

Luke gave me a casual shrug before turning to Liz and giving her a hug. "You are so lucky, Mister." She told him holding onto him tighter. "So lucky." She whisper again making me feel like I was looking on at a private moment. The two of them talked to the doctor who handed Liz Luke's actual clothing as my mom and I stood off to the side.