.14

I woke up the next morning giddy and ready for this date with Luke. Even though I was still a little uncertain about the story behind his reasons for "cheating" on me, I couldn't help myself but feel a bit excited to spend time with Luke.

Pulling my hair that had some curls in it from sleeping with it in a bun into a high pony tail that reached mid back, I stepped into some black jeans that ended a third of the way down my shin and a simple white t-shirt.

I decided to leave my makeup to a minimal today only putting on a bit of conceal and mascara before making my way downstairs and grabbing an apple to eat.

About 20 minutes later, the doorbell went off sending me flying to open it.

"Hey," I gave Luke a casual smile as he took me in.

"How do you always look so amazing even when you're not trying?" He asked me though it wasn't one of those questions you're supposed to respond to. Instead I blushed, grabbing my purse and following him out into his car.

If the car ride had counted as a way to prove that he still loved me then I'd already be throwing myself at him.

Both of us laughed at the other as we sang along to songs that would be considered to be the type that you'd put in your "Embarrassing Songs" playlist on your IPod.

It took us nearly a half hour to get to the amusement park before parking and jumping out of the tiny Toyota. We made our way quickly through the gates and into the center of madness.

"Lets go on that one." I pointed to what looked like the biggest roller coaster in the park.

Luke looked at me as if waiting for the punchline of the joke. "You're joking right?" He finally asked once he saw how serious I was.

"What, are you scared, Hemmings?" I gave him a wicked smile before walking towards the lineup that hardly had any people in it. I heard Luke's feet running to catch up with me.

"You just give off the impression of the type of person who'd want to go on the kiddie rides."

Turning to him I felt another smile creep on my face, "Those sound like the words of a scared man." I joked, "I thought bad boys weren't scared of anything."

His signature smirk made its appearance on his lips. "Just don't be clinging on to me, Grey, when we're being launched to the ground."

With that we were already at the front of the line as we piled into the two seater carts. It was one of those roller coasters that had the track running over your head while your feet dangled helplessly below you.

In that moment I felt a ting of uneasiness creep into my body causing me to go tense and double think my decision to come on this ride. Was it to prove to Luke that I wasn't just some helpless girl who was scared of the world?

To prove to him that if I could go on the biggest coaster in the park that I wasn't as pathetic as what he might think?

A hand reached over mine, intertwining our fingers together. I looked over at Luke who was studying me. "You're going to be fine," He whispered to me. "I'm right here."

My head nodded in understanding before we were shot forward, beginning our journey up the hill. My stomach was in my throat by now as I watched us approach the hill that was going to drop us back to the Earth.

"Look at me, Ella." I heard Luke say from beside me as we continued holding hands.

Swiftly, I turned my head to look at him then searching his eyes for the comfort I was seeking. "Think of this as if it was that argument that goes on in your head when you're about to cut."