.09

It felt as though time had slowed almost to the point where everything was frozen. My body and mind had no idea how to react to what just happened down in that cellar.

I couldn't think about anything right now, my thoughts all jumbled together creating a mess in my head. The only thing I could focus on was Luca and how he was safe.

"We need to go," I heard Luca say from above me though he sounded muffled. His arms snaked through mine pulling me from the rain soaked ground lightly to my feet. "Ella, come on."

No matter how hard I tired my feet wouldn't move. "Luke," I breathed out as my brain started to uncluttered itself. "Oh my God," I whispered staring at my brother with wide eyes. "We need to go back. Luke's down there. You don't understand, Jai will..." Kill him.

I began turning back to the cellar's door just as Luca pulled me out of the ally. "We need to get help." He told me then continued after taking in my uncertain facial expression. "It's the only way we can help Luke, Ella."

I nodded my head knowing that going back down into the cellar would only grant us a death wish. The only thing we could do was find a shop open near by but with the power out from the storm, every store we ran by to be closed limiting our options from slim to zero.

"There has to be a shop open somewhere." I muttered to myself knowing that if we had to run back to our house to get help I might as well kiss Luke goodbye.

As if my prayers had been answered, the convenience shop on the corner of the street had it's flashing open sign on in it's window. Luca and I pretty well ran down the door, wheezing and coughing in attempts to catch our breath from the run.

"Phone 911," Luca wheezed. The man behind the counter hesitated as if we were pulling a practical joke on him before Luca reached over the counter and grabbed the phone dialing the number as quickly as he could.

"Hi we need police and an ambulance. A man took my friend into captive and is threatening his life. Okay. Yes. On Queens St. in the old Geno's cellar. Uh-huh. Okay." And with that Luca hung up.

"So what now?" I asked him but he just shrugged.

"I guess we just pray to God that nothing happens to him."

-

Luke's P.O.V

I held back yet another scream as the knife dug into my thigh from Tyse's powerful arms.

"I have to saying, Hemmings." Jai started. He was sat in a chair facing mine watching me as if this were a movie. "Sacrificing your own life for a girls trauma and pain, now that's quite the love story."

Through the pain I felt a smile tug at the ends of my mouth.

"I hope you're enjoying yourself over there." I told him. "Because once my boys find out that you killed me it won't be a party... at least not for you."

He gave me a cold smirk. "What boys? You dropped out of my gang when you realized you could never lead it. What idiots would want you as their leader?"

"Who said anything about a gang?" I asked, his eyebrows shot up but I didn't feel the need to elaborate. If I knew my three best friends as well as I think I do then I know that they aren't going to let Jai just prance around town without payback.

"Again." Jai called out to Tyse who sent the knife back into my thigh making me yell out in pain.

My eyes fell back on Jai noticing the small smile of defeat on his face. Like hell I would let him win. Even though I was in quite the mess up I knew this wouldn't be the last of me, it just couldn't.