24.

"He's just being so irrational." I complained as Kean insisted on walking me back after an early dismissal from school with the Semi-Formal dance being tonight.

Kean told me since we couldn't meet up at Geno's like usual with me having to get ready, we decided that we'd walk home together and talk then. "It's like he thinks he can control me."

Kean's eyes were on me the entire time, making me a little surprised that he actually care about what was happening with mine and Luke's love life, but I guess I haven't had a friend in such a long time that I'd forgot that that's what friends were suppose to do.

"He's only doing it because he cares for you." Kean offered.

"So much has happened to the two of you, he just wants to keep you safe."

"Ya well, he needs to work on his debating skills," I muttered though I knew Kean had a point.

"I mean his argument for why he didn't want me to hang out with you was because you use to be part of Jai's gang."

A soft laugh escape from inside me though it held no note of humour. "For God's sake, he was too."

A long silence filled the air between us as we both knew what the next question was going to be.

"So where does this leave you guys?"

I gave him a shrug. "I don't know."

The rest of the walk was pretty quiet from there on. Luke was the only thought running through my mind at the moment.

Were Luke and I still together? Where did our relationship stand? Was he out looking for a new girlfriend as we speak?

I shook the last thought out of my head not able to bear the thought of him seeing someone other than myself.

"Here we are," I heard Kean say from beside me while I looked up to see us stopped in front of my house.

I turned towards him. "Thanks Kean," I paused before adding, "For everything."

His smile light up a hundred times more as he searched my face for something I wasn't sure of. "You know," He started. "Luke's lucky to have a girl as beautiful as you, remember that."

A smile formed on my face before I felt a pair of lips pressing against mine. I was in so much shock that I just froze not able to muster a single thought.

It took me a few seconds to process exactly what was happening before I pushed Kean lightly off of me.

"I..." Stuttering, I had no idea what to say next.

"I'm sorry," He said at last with genuine sincerer in his eyes. "I shouldn't have- I just thought-"

I gave him a small smile showing him I was upset.

"It was stupid," He finally got out. "I know things with Luke and you are complicated I just thought-"

He shook his head letting his sentence trail. "I was caught up in the moment."

"Hey," I rested my hand gently on his cheek. We both shared unspoken words while searching each others eyes. I let my hand drop to from his face. "I'll see you tonight at 8."

-

I checked myself over in the mirror quickly, making sure everything was perfect. The white, polyester, cocktail dress clung to my olive skin making it look twice as dark as what it already was.

I let the soft waves of hair fall loosely on my back while keeping the make up to a minimal; only some mascara, concealer and a pale shade of pink lipstick to brighten my face.

I let myself smile into the mirror being as ready as ever to forget about the drama with Luke and have a night filled with fun.

"Ella!" I heard my mom call from the bottom of the stairs. "A handsome young man's here for you."

I let out a small breath before turning to put on my skin coloured heels then heading out of my bedroom door.

The one side of the staircase opened up towards the door as I spotted Kean talking with my mom.

I knew I caught his eye once he paused mid sentence and turned his head to where I was making my way down the stairs.

A smile crept onto his lips while he watched me, waiting until I was in front of him.

"You look beautiful." He told me .

I felt a small blush creep up the side of my neck. "You don't look too bad either."

At that comment a small laugh escaped from his throat before my mom spoke up.

"Picture time." She chimed holding up a camera. I gave Kean an apologetic sigh before we both posed for a few photo's.

"Be home by 10!" My mom called out to me as Kean and I made our way to his Jeep. "No later!"

We made it to the school after a 10 minute drive. The entire building was lit up at the front with a red carpet sprawled out that ran from where cars dropped students off to the front entrance of the school.

"Didn't realize this was a themed dance." I told him a bit worried since I hadn't dress up as any celebrity with the obvious red carpet theme happening.

"It's okay," Kean smiled. "You have a striking resemblance to Vanessa Hudgens."

I gave Kean a look that told him I didn't really believe the comment but before I could protest it was our turn to step out of the car.

A lower grade teacher opened the door for me on my side before taking the keys from Kean and parking his Jeep somewhere in the student parking lot.

Kean offered me his arm and I took it while we walked up to the entrance laughing at the cliche theme, from the flashing lights acting as paparazzi to the red, velvet ropes that linded the carpets edges.

"Tonight's gonna be a good night." Kean leaned down to my ear. "I can feel it."

-

Luke's P.O.V

My back was against my bed, tossing a bouncy ball at the wall. Thoughts of Kean and Ella were the only things to cloud my mind.

The two of them were so close now and though I was happy for Ella to finally have a new friend since Nicole, I was also wiry of this friendship.

I didn't like Kean, didn't trust him. Something about him seemed off to me and I'm not going to let someone like him hang around the one person I love.

"Well this is fun." Calum muttered as the rest of the boys sat in my room with me, strumming some songs on my acoustic guitar.

"Sorry," I told them, getting myself off the ground and to my feet. "It's just..."

"Ella?" Ashton finished for me.

I gave him a shrug. "I should have taken her to the stupid dance." I told them. "I'm such a coward sometimes, too stubborn to let my own guard down even when it comes to making Ella happy."

I let out an angry sigh letting my hands rub my face. "I'm gonna go get some water. Do you guys want anything?"

With all of them declining, I made my way upstairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cabinet and filling it with water.

I looked out the window above the sink as I took a sip, seeing my own reflection in the glace with the night sky out.

Closing my eyes I tried to sort through all my thoughts ripping away the ones the involved Ella and Kean from my mind.

I took another gulp of water before opening my eyes again, letting them land back on the window jumping as I did.

Jai's lifeless face stared back at me like it has so many times before whenever I looked into a mirror for the past week.

"Tonight." He told me. "It goes down tonight."

-

A/N: Hey guys! So hopefully you liked this chapter and if you did then definitely give it a vote because it helps me out so much! Thank you for everything guys and I'll talk to ya next update :)