Chapter 15

I drove the car that held me, Freddie, Roger, John, and Brian all the way across town. We arrived at the bookstore I used to work at.

"Oh, not this place again. " Roger groaned. Brian hit him on the arm and John moved over some. "Let her do her thing." Brian said with a low tone. I chuckled at bit and put the car in park. 

"Okay, everyone. Get your things and follow me." I said determined. Freddie looked at me with a bit of worry. 

"Maria. Are you sure you want to play in here? Don't you think your ex-manager would get angry?" he asked. I sighed and ignored Freddie's questions. I looked at the bookstore and headed to the door. I opened the door and held it open for Roger and John. Then Brian and Freddie. The entire crowd of two people looked at the band with shock. They couldn't believe that Queen was in a local bookstore. 

"I-I don't see your manager." Freddie said, nervously. 

"How about we get adventurous?" I asked the band. "Oh I love adventures." John said in a tiny sweet voice. 

I nodded at him and turned back around. I headed to the back of the store and the band followed. 

"This actually used to be a recording studio." I told the band as I opened the door of the staff room. 

Roger, Brian, John, and Freddie put their stuff on the ground. Freddie and I headed to the piano to dust it off. As we were dusting it, we kept looking at each other with smiles on out faces. 

"You remember this thing?" Freddie asked me. I nodded and felt my face turning red again. 

"It's where we first met. " he said. My small smile turned into a big one immediately as we kept dusting. 

"And you made that lovely melody. " he also mentioned. 

I stopped dusting for a minute. I looked at the piano. I scanned the entire thing until I found that one note again. 

I sat down at the box that was still there. I dusted off the keys for a minute then placed both hands on the piano. I found that same pattern I had originally played before. I started playing it. Freddie joined in with a smile and played the same cords. 

Roger, Brian, and John looked at us playing in awe. 

They began picking up their instruments without amps. Roger lightly hit the wall with his drum sticks while John and Brian began strumming their instruments. It was a wonderful stream of notes-And it was all put together perfectly...using my lovely melody. 

Suddenly, Freddie started lightly singing.  

"Love of my life. Don't leave me..." then he hummed the rest. 

It was then that I realized. That the song the boys were playing before I walked into the studio a few days ago then stopped, was this song. This lovely melody.