Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning. I was worried to tell my mom that I was fired and that I wasn't going to work today. However, I felt as if I could sugarcoat it by telling her I kissed Freddie Mercury. Ha! She'd be mad at me either way. 

I got up and pretended to go to work, I put my uniform on and headed out the door. I waved at Mom from the car as I drove away. I started wondering about where I should go. I didn't have Freddie's number so I couldn't meet up with him. In fact, I was worried I'd never get to encounter him like that again. I went in the middle of town and found a parking spot along the stone placed road. I got out and went inside this small diner to get some breakfast. "Just one." I said to the lady at the front. Right when I sat down and the waitress handed me my menu is when I realized i had no money with me. I had left my wallet on my desk at home. "I'll just have some water for now." I said smiling. "Okay." the waitress said as she walked away. I tapped my fingers on the table with my head rested on my hand. 

Suddenly, I heard a woman scream, "Queen!" I looked up and saw Freddie, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, and Brian May walk into the door. Brian lifted up his sunglasses as Freddie straightened his coat. Women were squealing and men were exclaiming, "Whoa!" I was hoping Freddie would notice me...and he did. 

"Maria!" he announced. "Let's go sit with her she's my friend." Freddie told the boys. They all nodded. They all walked over and squeezed into the booth. "How are you doing?" Freddie asked sympathetically while motioning to take my hand. I let him. He cupped my hand into both of his. "Oooo." Roger said playfully. "I'm fine don't worry. I can find another job." I said. Freddie looked into my eyes. I got a beautiful sensation of love and warmth. It was great until Brian interrupted.  "Um-What exactly happened, Fred?" "It's a long story, Brian." Freddie said looking at him, our hands still together. He turned back at me. "I can give you some money if you need it." he said with a warm smile. "Oh, no, Freddie that's okay." I said. 

Just then, the waitress came with my water. "Here's your water." she said. "Do you all want to order?" she asked. "Uh-just one moment. Thanks." Freddie said to her. I could hear her squealing as she walked off "Maria, if you could get anything on this menu, what would you get?" he asked. "Um. I guess the bacon and egg biscuit with fruit." I answered. 

After a couple minutes, the waitress came back. "Are we ready?" she asked. "Yes-uh-I think so." Brian said looking at Freddie. Freddie nodded at me and then the waitress. Everyone ordered and then Freddie added, "And she would like a bacon and egg biscuit with a side of fruit." The waitress nodded and scribbled on her notepad. "Freddie, no you don't have to." I said. "Maria I like you so I want to treat you well." he said sweetly. My heart absorbed so much affection. It was a beautiful feeling to be hand in hand with Freddie Mercury with so much of his love coming towards me. I never dreamed of this happening.