Chapter 14

I shoved a small notepad onto the floor. John looked at me weird. I mouthed, "Just wait." while holding my hand up. I walked over to the notepad loudly and picked it up.

"Oh, hey, Maria!" Oliver said nicely. My plan was going great. I waved back with a smile. "Oh, Maria!" Mr. Johnson said kindly. I smiled at him too. Freddie moved out of the doorway. There was an awkward silence until Roger aggressively hit the symbol and started packing everything away. 

"Alright. Along with that. It's time to pack your things and leave." Mr. Johnson said changing character. My face was confused. I thought things were going well! I sighed and helped roger put together his bags. 

Mr. Johnson and his son left. Or so I thought. As I was helping Roger, I saw them outside the window. "One second, Rog." I said. "I need to check something." I crept outside the front door and turned the corner. I was in plain sight so I jumped back around the corner. Oliver and his dad were contemplating on the studio. 

"But, it's Maria, dad. She's innocent and so is Freddie. So what if they can't pay the rent. Why don't we just give it to them?" I heard Oliver say.  I smiled. "No, son. That property is ours and will stay ours. The band can rent it all they want as long as they pay the price. No money, no studio." his dad said. I frowned. "It's just a small little building. Why not just let them keep it?  It would benefit-" Oliver was cut off. "Oliver! No more arguing! " Mr. Johnson exclaimed. I then heard them walk off. 

I knew Oliver would be on our side. I guess all we could do at this point was wait. Until then, we must find somewhere else to perform. 

I went back inside and finished helping Roger. Brian out away his guitar and John played a few notes on the strings before putting his away. Freddie was packing together all the amps and books full of music. There was about an hour of work before it dawned on me.

"Guys! I know where we can play!" I exclaimed.