Chapter 7

Freddie, John, Roger, Brian and I were walking distance to their studio. They all signed a few autographs on the way and paparazzi caught us on camera. They were really annoying. 

We soon arrived. The room was beautiful. Lights and shiny instruments everywhere-And a giant board full of buttons and pulleys. I grabbed onto Freddie's arm in awe. I sat in front of the board and stoked all the buttons lightly. Freddie chuckled.  

"You've got a good one." I heard Roger say quietly to Freddie. "We aren't dating..." I heard Freddie say. I got a little concerned until I heard him say, "...Yet."

"Maria, darling. How about singing with us?" Freddie insisted. He guided me to the piano. Freddie sat down and played a beautiful set of cords. John picked up his bass and played a steady rhythm while Roger did the same quietly. Brian got his guitar and played a couple cords. "Okay, up the scale, dear." Freddie said smiling at me.  I nodded. I felt very nervous. "aa-aa." I sang quietly. We all played as Freddie and I sang up the scale a few times.

Freddie stopped playing for a moment. "Don't worry, Maria. We are all musicians-and quite frankly a family. So please feel free to sing out and be wild around us." Freddie explained. I looked at Brian and he smiled. Then at John who also smiled. I then looked at Roger who winked at me. "Rog!" Freddie exclaimed. "I was just joking, Fred!" Roger said in a laugh. We all laughed. "Okay. Now again." Freddie said as he lead into more cords. "Aa-Aa. Aa-A-" I sang more confidently. 

I saw Roger looking at John with a wide open mouth. "She's good." I saw Brian mouth to Freddie. Freddie nodded and sang along with the cords. I very much loved singing with the band.