Chapter 13

Being in the studio was like being with another family. A family full of musical enthusiasts with passions burning throughout the notes on the sheet music. 

Being with Freddie Mercury himself was like something I had never felt before. Loving, caring, warm, fun, and so much more. 

We started playing music that John had written. All 5 of us jammed out for like 3 hours! It was accelerating. I actually felt like a star dancing in my room with my friends like I did when I was 6. Freddie and I glanced at each other throughout the session. Little playful moments that filled me with such joy. 

After a little more music, there was a knock at the front door of the studio. Freddie motioned the band to stop playing. Roger groaned and put his drum sticks down with his bottom lip poked out. Brian and John put their instruments on the stands. I stood up and watched Freddie go to the door. When he opened it, the entire band and i were shocked to see the owner of the property we were all on.

"Mr. Johnson. Hello!" Freddie said nervously. Mr. Johnson was standing at the door tapping his foot. That name sounded familiar. I couldn't quite grasp it yet. Not until Oliver appeared behind him. I opened my mouth wide. It was Oliver Johnson. I knew there was bad news up ahead. 

"I promise I'll pay you the rent-we've been extremely busy on our new album and we haven't had the chance to-" "That's what you said 6 weeks ago." Mr. Johnson interrupted. I gritted my teeth hoping everything will be okay. I knew I needed to help pay so they didn't lose their precious studio, but I did't have a job. So there was nothing I could do. I was broke. 

"I'm afraid you'll have to be evicted from this property. I'm sorry Mr. Bulsara." "Mercury." Freddie said quickly. He looked down at his feet. I could tell he was upset. John and Brian looked at each other sorrowfully, knowing they were going to have to play somewhere else. Roger's bottom lip pouted out  even more now, and not in a funny way. 

Mr. Johnson just stood there blank faced, not even noticing how much this was affecting the band. I don't think Oliver noticed me standing beside the piano yet. I wondered if he saw me, then he'd recognize me and convince his dad to let them keep it.