Chapter 3

I jumped at the voice and turned around. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Freddie Mercury! The lead vocalist of Queen! "W-What?" I asked, trying not to squeal. He was leaning his shoulder on the door way. He stood up straight and walked towards me. "Lovely Melody." he said. "You've got talent if you can think up tunes like that so quickly." I lifted my eyebrows. "Really?" I laughed. "Me? Talent? Oh, please" I turned back to the piano with my hands in my lap. Freddie walked over closer and sat on the edge of the box I was sitting on. Play it again, darling." he said. "O-Okay." I said. I played the tune again. Freddie looked around the lower keys and placed his hand on the piano. He started playing cords and hummed as I played the melody. I began to turn red. I had only told my diary a few years ago that he was my celebrity crush. Aha! 

I started playing notes I hadn't played the first time I made the melody. It sounded just like a song. Chorus-verse-chorus again-another verse-chorus. I hummed with him at the end of the song as we made a harmony. We both laughed then looked at each other. "You've definitely got talent don't deny it. I was swarmed with lovely feelings. I looked down and smiled. "Thank you.' I said. "What's your name, dear?" he asked. I pointed to my name tag. "Maria...Williams." he said. "Oh are you the girl the worker here yelled at this morning." I felt embarrassed. So I joked it off. "Yup." I laughed. "That's me!" I announced with jazz hands. He laughed. "Talented and funny." he said.  

I blushed again. I quickly went into the conversation more to make it unnoticeable that I was red. "Why are you here when the sign said closed?" I asked. Freddie laughed. It made me chuckle because I love it so much. "Roger wanted me to find this book about  cars for him. It's very rare to find and this is the only book store we haven't searched. I've done this kind of thing before and once I convince the manager to let me in the back, I usually find it." he said. "So me, being the scandalous queen I am, busted right through to find it." I laughed. There was a silence. "But I found something better." he said in a quiet tone while looking at me.