Chapter 11

Mom got up to get the door. It was Freddie! Mom gasped. "Freddie!" I exclaimed as I ran up to him. I embraced him into my arms and he twirled me around. He had a book of the yellow pages in his hand. That must be how he found me. Mom stood there with a gaping hole in her mouth. "Why are you here?" I asked.  He came into the house. "After today, I just had to see you again." He said. Freddie looked around the room. He saw Oliver sitting at the table. "W-What's going on here?" he asked. "Freddie- It's not what it looks like." I said. "I trust you, darling." Freddie said. Oliver stood up. "Her mom invited me over  for dinner. She just told us that you two were dating! I'm a huge fan, man." He said in a chill voice I hadn't heard before. I held Freddie's arm. Freddie and Oliver shook hands. 

Freddie then turned and shook Mom's hand and then Oliver's Dad's hand. He signed a sheet of paper for them all. "Maria-I'm so sorry I didn't believe you." Mom said sincerely. "It's okay, Mom." I answered. Freddie also joined in. "Being in relationship with someone is about trust. Little fibs now and then can be frustrating but that doesn't mean you have lost honestly from them." I leaned onto Freddie's shoulder. "Wise words, sir." Mom said. I knew then that she liked Freddie, even though he wasn't a doctor nor a lawyer..