Chapter 2

I headed to the staff room at closing time to pack my stuff up. Mr. Brown had already left so I was alone. Most of the lights were out and the closed sign was up. The door was still unlocked since I had the key. I sighed and wiped my head. The piano kept catching my eye as I continued to put the boxes away. I walked over to the table where my bag was and grabbed my water bottle. I took a sip of water while staring at the piano. That thing distracts me everyday. I can't seem to stop being attracted to it. I put my water bottle down while still staring at it. I stood there for a moment. Then, I looked around the room even though I could easily see no one else was there. I took a deep breathe and walked over to the piano. 

I pulled a tall box over to the piano and sat on-top of it. My back was towards the door. I played a single note of the piano. It blared and filled the entire room. The notes obviously worked. I played the same note again. I smiled a little bit. Suddenly, I took my right hand to the lowest note and stroked it across the entire instrument, making a beautiful arrangement of notes. It sounded like a rainbow had just appeared above me. I smiled again. I went back to the first note I played. I looked at it for a moment and then at the notes around it. I played some notes in a pattern over and over again. I continued to play it. I heard something outside the staff room. I assumed it was just a book falling or something so I continued to play the melody over and over again. I kept playing with a large smile on my face and got really into it, feeling like I was the star of the show. Like I was a millionaire pianist with millions of fans and millions of songs. I kept playing until I heard a voice say, "What a lovely Melody."