1 | Chapter One

'Where are you moving to?' They asked. "To better things," I said.

-Unknown

CHAPTER ONE

     "Can you pass me another fizzy?"

       "Which one?"

       "I don't care, surprise me," I told Noah, as he handed me a strawberry soda. We were all hanging out at a park we all live near. Just Noe, Noah, Lily, James and I.

       There was a month and a half left before we all had to go back to school and start our junior year. The year that counted the most. Especially for college and to be completely honest none of us were ready for that. Junior year was one year closer to graduating.   

       The year we begin to pick out what college we want to go to after high school and what we plan on doing with our lives in the future.

       I know for a fact that Noe, my sister, would love to go to a college in the US.

       Which wouldn't be harder for her, considering we have family over there for her to live with if she goes through with her plan. However, the thought of her just leaving Brighton, in general, was kind of scary.

       We all grew up here. Brighton is all we know basically and unlike my relatives, we haven't chosen to pack up our things and just leave.

       "So has anyone got their schedules for school yet?" Asked James. We all looked at each other with confused faces.

       "Were we supposed to?"

       "Well no, but with the new school system, you can check it out online. Look I got mine on Tuesday" James lifted his phone and showed us a picture of the classes he was gonna take next year.

       "Yo good luck with Ms. Greenburg, I heard she's ruthless when it comes to grading," Noah said with a chuckle. James just look has his phone with a worried face, "Ah shit, why didn't I notice that,"

       Noah and Noe laughed at his face of concern while Lily tried to comfort him. Letting him know that she wasn't that bad.

       Around 4:30 my phone rang and my parents let me know that they wanted Noe and I home soon. Something about wanting to talk to us about something important. So we say goodbye to our group and make arrangements for the next time we meet up.

       As Noe and I walk home, we begin to talk about what mum and dad might want to talk to us about.

       Noe joked and laughed about "What if mum and dad called us home to tell us were moving to America with aunt Clara,"

       I jokingly hit her on the shoulder and told her to shut up before it became true.

       Soon enough we were opening the front door to our tiny apartment and our parents were sitting down at the table in the living room with snacks. Looking a bit anxious, if you asked me.

       "Hey mum, Hey dad,"

       "Hey kids! Come sit, your mom and I have some news to share," Noe and I glanced at each other while sitting down. We face our parents and I see mum fidgeting with her hands. 

       Something she does when shes nervous. They stare at each other before mentally deciding who should go first.

       "So a while back auntie Clara called me and let me know that they were doing really good and that Harry and Alfie were really loving it in the US. And she was telling me how much she misses us and how she wishes we were closer. So we talked a bit and she actually found a house in the same neighborhood she lives in..." Her words slowly traveled off as if trying to see what our reaction was going to be so far. Although she didn't finish her sentence, Noe looked at me and we were both very sure of where this was going.  

      Soon Dad helped conform what we were thinking.

       "So your mom and I put in an application for the house and..." For a second both our parents looked at each other with concern written all over their face.

       "And you got it? Like we're actually moving?" Noe asked, a bit tired of them batting around. They sighed and nodded. Noe was actually quite excited and I could tell that they weren't as worried for Noe's reaction as they were for mine. I felt as if they were all waiting for me to say something, I looked up shyly and mustered up all my strength to give them a weak "yay!" 

       Sending Noe in complete excitement for finally being able to see what the US is like.

       Alfie and Noe always texting and Alfie always tells Noe about things and stuff that he's liked about the US. However, I don't really see the point in it. Brighton & Hove is great, this is our home. Why would you ever want to leave here.

       "So, when are we moving?!" Noe asked, I bet she's already packing in her mind. I sulk down into my chair waiting to hear mum's answer.

       "Well, your dad and I were wondering if it is possible to be ready and packed in two weeks ?"

       Hold on there, in two weeks?!

----------------------------------------------

Unedited
Word count: 1055
Hellllo my beautiful bees! 🐝

Suuuuuuuper long time no see huh? I sooo sorry I had abandon wattpad for so long but I am more then happy to finally be back. Like has been sooooo stressful and gosh I never even have time for myself. Literally when I'm not at school I'm at work and when I'm not at work I'm at practice 😢

I'm such a busy bee and I haven't been able to write for so long but I've had this story idea for soooooo long and I am so excited to finally being able to write it and I don't know if I should upload chapter by chapter or wait til I have a good amount or even the whole story finished before uploading everything you know???

So far I only have I believe six parts to this story and I will try to upload every Wednesdays (?) since they're my only days off work. but anyways I hope you guys like it!

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and make sure to vote!!! Love all of you guysssss

TO THOSE WHO ARE OUT PROTESTING! IM SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GUYS ARE SAFE! BRING A BUDDY AND A WAY OF COMMUNICATING. Wear masks and all that good stuff! Protect yourselves please! We all love you dearly and wouldn't want to lose anyone else please!!! For those who cant go out, please make sure to sign petitions and/or donate!!
#blacklivesmatter✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿