Chapter 21 | Alleyway Talk | @FanFics_3105

Virgil appeared in the mind-space and due to his emotions, the bright and fluffy garden that surrounded him instantly faded to a dark alleyway, lit up with dim streetlights and one dangling light hanging from the wall across from him.

He slid down the wall behind him and brought his knees to his chest, throwing his hood over his head.

"Of course they want to hurt me, that's all they've ever wanted to do. I'm just 'anxiety', the one who brings everyone down and always causes problems..." He said to himself, moving his foot slightly and hitting a pebble on the concrete.

"They always seem to blame... me..." He sniffled.

Suddenly, a dark figure appeared not too far away from him, leant up against the other wall.

"Well, well, well." It clapped, coming out of the shadows as the dangling light flickered, showing who it really was.

"... Deceit?" Virgil opened his eyes and looked up at the scaly faced man.

"It's me!~" He chuckled, crossing his arms and smirking.

"What do you want..? Here to bring my self esteem down even more?" Virgil scoffed, turning his head to the side and laying it down onto his knees.

"Oh, me? Never!" He took a moment and looked him down, seeing how broken he was, "well, are you going to tell me what happened or not?"

"Why should you care?"

"Of course I should! I'm your pal, Deceit!~"

Virgil didn't move or say a word, he just rolled his eyes.

"Hmph, guess I'm just gonna have to find out the hard way." Deceit snickered, beginning to sink down.

Virgil flinched and readjusted himself to his knees,
"No, no! Don't! They'll just... hurt you too..."

"So that's what they did!" He thought to himself before saying his thoughts aloud,
"They've finally gotten rid of you??" He cackled, "ah it's about time!"

He paused and got up in his face; "Don't you think, Virgil?"

Virgil shoved him away and his eyes welled with tears, more tears than before.
"Just get out of my face!"

Deceit chuckled again before sinking down, going to see what the other sides thought about this mess.

Virgil curled back up into a ball and sat there, eventually dozing off to sleep for the rest of the night.

A/N
OKAY- THE AUTHORS OF THIS STORY HAVE CONFIRMED THEIR HEARTS ARE BROKEN... HOPEFULLY THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL HAVE SOME KIND OF FLUFF TO IT >~<