Chapter 20 | Confession Gone Wrong | @fanfilledfandom

"Bravo!" Roman applauded grinning at Logan.

He took a step back, re-evaluating the events that had just taken place. Was that the right thing to do?  The way Virgil ran off told him it wasn't.

"Oh Logan! I'm so proud!" Patton beamed wrapping his arms around Logan's static body.

"Don't be proud of my mistake Patton, I messed everything up," Logan sighed.

Patton's happiness seemed to drain from him as Logan shrugged him off. He sat down on the couch resting his head on the pillow. Patton and Roman took a seat on either side of him, both with dull expressions. They sat in an awkward silence as Logan slowly withdrew further into the couch.

"What do I do about Virgil?" Logan asked to no one in particular breaking the silence.

Patton opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Roman rearranging himself on the couch so he was directly facing Logan.

"You storm in there with your heart on your sleeve, sword draw ready to slay the dragon! And with the dragon slayed then and only then will you declare your love for him and you ride into the sunset on your trusty steed," Roman looked Logan dead in the eye, his tone serious.

"Woah, calm down buddy. We don't have a dragon," Patton reminded Logan reaching an arm over to pat him on the shoulder, "but I agree with the part where you storm in there and uh, declare your love."

Logan took a deep breath before looking at both of the sides again.

"Okay, I'll do it."

__

Virgil's room was darker than usual. The only light source was Virgil's small pumpkin nightlight. He sat on his black and purple covers with his head in his knees. Perhaps he was a nobody. Or maybe he was just an inconvenience, after all, no one really wanted him here. Roman made that clear everyday. A faint knocking alerted Virgil that someone was at his door. He removed himself from his bed and stumbled over to the door.

"What?" He mumbled opening the door a fraction.

"Virgil, I um... would like to speak with you," Logan explained nervously.

Virgil didn't reply as he opened the door just enough for Logan to squeeze in before slamming it behind him. Logan breathed heavily as he stood in front of Virgil.

"Virgil, I came here to say that... I— umm," he stuttered.

"Spit it out," Virgil demanded in a bored tone.

Logan looked down at the floor, his checks turning a shade of red although you couldn't see due to the immense darkness.

"Virgil I have strong, undeniable fondness of you," Logan blurted out earning a strange look from Virgil, "I mean I... love you."

Virgils eye snapped open as he stepped back.

"What—" he stopped when he saw two figures standing by the wall to his left, "Is this a joke? Is playing with my feelings funny to you? If you want me gone that bad then you could've just said so!" Virgil snapped, his voice echoing as he disappeared.

"Virgil!" Logan called, but it was too late.

Patton and Roman emerged from the darkness to comfort Logan.

"I'm sorry kiddo, we just wanted to make sure it went okay," Patton apologised as he buried his head into Logans shoulder. Logan just looking straight ahead, no emotion on his face.

💜 Saving The Villain 💙 | (Book 1) | Collab w/ @fanfilledfandomOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara