Sona took deep breaths, it was time to meet the one she had longed for days. the man she loved from the depth of her heart. Her eyes met that of Vikram's who stared at her with love and passion. It was just two of them as others disappeared . Every one present, noticed the young lovers but refrained from disturbing them. Their own memories of love dancing in their eyes.

''Are refreshments ready and what about the beverages. Make sure everyone get their preferences.''  Dev commanded the staff. He felt like a parent whose child was about to step into a new world.

''Anna, they might insult you. I will go with the staff.'' Sagar suggested, worried about his elder brother. Dev ruffled his hair, ''Its fine, I won't mind but I won't refrain from being a part of my sister's happiness.''

''I hope they see your golden heart.'' Sagar said hugging Dev. He patted the young man's back, ''With time everything will me fine.''

Sagar nodded, he watched as Dev walked out with tail of staff but then decided to follow. He didn't wanted his brother insulted for any reason.

Dev entered   the living room , proving to be a distraction fro  the lost couple. They quickly stepped back while the Rathores glared at Dev 

Dev knew he deserved it, even if he wasn't aware of the truth, he tried killing Ranvijay. everyone who loved the King was bound to hate him. reading the annoyance he decided to leave the room, he knew he had done the enough damage and had no intention of spoiling Sona's moment . Aadhavan held his arm, his eyes met that of Dev's glistering ones. Turning to Ranvijay he said, ''I know you are annoyed with my eldest son, but Dev is my family and I hope you won't have any issues with him being part of Sona's happiness.

There was a silence, Ranvijay huffed. His family was acting impossible. He understood Dev's mindset and wanted to let go things but his family wasn't ready. He knew someone had to take the next step and he decided to do that himself, ''Why would we have a trouble about a brother blessing his sister. I am here to make a new start, have a seat Dev.''

Aadhavan smiled wide, he was happy   seeing the love his daughter was getting from the family. Pulling Dev down next to him , he briefed about the rituals, "As I said , we just stepped  into the first ritual of this marriage. We all are happy with this marriage alliance"

Ranvijay smiled, ''So are we. We are glad to have Sona as our daughter in law. Well, as we discussed already this marriage will happen as per your wish and customs. You have to tell us where and when this marriage will take place" 

Aadhavan smiled, "We have our ancestral property in TamilNadu near Coimbatore. Since I am the legal heir of Samathur Zamin and it's been a long since I  visited my place. It's not only my wish but my late wife's too.  She wanted Sona to get married  at our family deity's temple of Lord Muruga which is located in Maruthamalai. The special part about the temple is, it's a hill temple and my wife's favourite place. I am sure it will be a great place and experience for all of you as well"

"Wow, that's interesting. Well, Mr.Aadhavan we all are very excited for this marriage. It's our prince's marriage and I want it to be the best one" Ranvijay expressed his happiness and excitement after hearing him.

"Uncle, if you don't mind can you please tell us the rituals you will be followed in this marriage. I just want to know the customs, rituals followed in South . I heard from my friends that Typical Tamil weddings are more about sticking to the age old customs and traditions than a lavish affair." Vansh asked Aadhavan curiously.

''Why are you so excited about wedding thing? Keep calm as you aren't getting married for next 5 years.'' Dipika teased and Vansh blushed. He knew she was aware of his liking for Chitra. He decided to stay quiet for rest of the time.

"Why not?" Aadhavan got  excited hearing the curiosity of Rathores. He was proud of his customs and detailing the same made him feel blessed. 

"Our Tamil Marriage has 3  rituals Pre-wedding ri, Wedding day and Post-Wedding rituals. Each and every one has it own customs and meaning of it" Aadhavan breifed

"Wow, thats's cool Uncle" Vansh exclaimed with interest. His over excitement made his family chuckle and he realised he broke his own resolve to be silent.

Aadhavan continued, "In Pre-wedding ritual, the  groom's family visits girl's family to see the bride , which that happened now. Next ,will be the Marriage Agreement between the two families. For that.." 

This time Ranvijay interrupted , "For that, I am inviting you to our Palace to confirm the marriage by exchanging the platter containing a bunch of bananas, betel leaves, betel nuts and a coconut. Gifts are also exchanged between the families"

Rathores stared at Ranvijay in surprise detailing about the Tamil wedding customs. It was just his mother who smiled proudly, Shivangi who knew that her son had a habit of getting into the details  

Ranvijay locked his eyes with Aahavan to know if he was correct. Aadhavan smiled with a nod,   "You know everything"

''Had to. I don't want Sona to feel like an outsider ever again in Rathore Palace.

 "Uncle, what next?" Ananya groaned at Vansh's excitement, slapping his lightly she replied,

"Next, we are leaving now . We will have to prepare for the welcome of  bride's father and her brothers " Ananya locked her gaze on Dev, if Ranvijay was giving him a chance, she would ought to keep an eye on the boy.  Turning to Vansh, she halted all his questions with her reply, "You will know the custom one by one when it happens". Vansh knew it was time to zip his mouth.

Shivangi gestured Dipika, the latter walked to Sona and tied a necklace around her delicate neck. She then covered Sona's head with a heavy stole, ''this is a small ritual we perform to confirm the relationship. Sona, you now belong to us and we will be waiting to welcome you soon.'' Sona was too emotional to utter a word, she held Dipika's hand pecking it deep. Dipika understood, Sona was a child who got involved in mess for no reason. She pecked the top of Sona's head before walking back to her family.

Dev never looked up but he inhaled the air around him. the girl he loved sat with her family smiling at every word but he knew that the smile wasn't the real one. His presence gave her pain and he wanted to ease it out. He wanted one chance to converse with her but wasn't sure if he would get that.

Taking a deep breath, he lifted his eyes up to have a glance at her. He noticed her uncle Veer extending his hand towards the beloved Princess . Rolli took her uncle's hand , walking out of the room. His eyes followed her, she wasn't his anymore and he knew there was no way he would be able to gain her trust again. he shot her father, it was unforgivable. 

***

''I am proud of you Ranvijay.'' Shivangi expressed her happiness

He smiled, ''Thanks Mom! But Vikram is yet to make me proud. Vikram and Sona will have to prove themselves to me. They are my future and I want to make sure they are ready. I am going to test their love and I hope they come out strong.''

Shivangi nodded, ''I don't blame them. They were too young.''

''But they were in love yet they didn't trust one and another. Sona has to take Ananya's place and she has to learn a lot.''

''She will. I am sure because I saw what Ananya had for you all those years back.'' Ranvijay nodded hoping that his mother was right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to @Satz18 for writing more than 70% of this chapter. She is the one who would be helping me with Tamil marriage and detailing on Sona and Aadhavan's background.

Hope you like it