🌼 Hajime x SHSL GAMER! Kaito (There Is No Pause Button) 🌼

Kaito was always sitting on one table of the cafeteria, nothing but a gamepad in his hand as he focused his full attention on the screen. No one had ever seen Kaito Momota move from that spot, which was a mix of interesting, and kinda creepy. No one at Hopes Peek had ever seen him sleep, hell, even talk or eat. No one understood how he was alive. But he didn't really care.

The purple haired boy was clearly lacking hygiene, which made sense considering he never moves. But it's still gross to think about that.

Some people made rumours that Kaito was a robot built by Iruma and Keebo, used to scare people. Another rumour that flows around is that Kaito does in fact go back to his room after 3am, and comes back at 6am. But that rumour was debunked when Makoto went out to get a glass of water from the cafeteria in the middle of the night, just to see Kaito on his gameboy, clicking buttons.

Well whatever it was, Kaito was definitely different to other students at Hopes Peek academy. But did he really care? No. Not one bit.

It was just another day at Hopes Peek Academy, and everyone was getting breakfast in the cafeteria. And of course, their was the ultimate gamer, Kaito Momota. He was on his gameboy, in his usual spot. Nothing to exciting there.

And as per usual, Fuyuhiko, Peko, Soda, Komaeda, Hajime, Kokichi, Maki, Shuichi, Leon, Yasuhiro, And Makoto we're watching the purple haired boy. Who's hair fell in front of his face, no longer staying up like it did when he first came to the boarding school.

"Helloooo? Earth to weirdooo?" The Yakuza started, waving a hand in front of Kaito's eyes. No reply as expected. "Woooaahhhh, and I thought Keeboy was odd! You're beyond capital W weird!" Kokichi sang, sitting on the table as he sipped on a can of Panta. Soda began to shake he purple haired gamer. "HELLOOOOOO!!!" He screamed, making Peko and Maki face plant.

Hajime And Komaeda glanced at each other before sitting down next to Kaito. Hajime Hinata was an 'average' high school student. Although, he was accepted into Hopes Peek for... some reason.

However, that wasn't the case. Hinata sat besides Kaito, glancing over at the game he was playing. Oh he knew what it was, it came out around the Pac-man, Galaga, Space Invader's era. It was one of the first endless runner games to ever exist. There Is No Pause Button. That was its name.

Saying that Kaito was 'good' at the game was just an understatement. He was dubbed by Hajime as a pro. "Uhh, are you o-okay?" Shuichi asked the gamer, trying to get his attention. Maybe he had some sort of mental problem that he didn't know how to take care of? "You know if y-you wanna talk about your feelings you can talk to us..." Shuichi tried again, frowning when Kaito didn't respond.

"I think he's just retarded." Kokichi said simply, Peko, and Maki slapping him at the same time. "Ow! I was lying!" The purple haired gremlin said with a giggle.

It was then, Hajime said; "Oh, There Is No Pause Button, I used to play this as a ki-"

"You know this game too!?"

Kaito shouted, snapping his direction towards Hajime, which surprised everyone in the group. As if time froze, Hajime felt his voice box stopped working. He opened his mouth to try and speak but no matter what, the words that he wanted to address didn't escape his mouth.

Without a warning, Kaito gripped on Hajime's shoulder's. There Hajime had a look at his facial features. White skin with bags hanging from under his eyes. They were really, really unhealthy looking. E smelt disgusting, and his hair looked oily. "It's a classic isn't it!? No one ever thinks about it anymore!!" Hajime just turned his head to the left, Kaito's breath smelling pretty gross. He held his hands in front of his face with a nod. "Uh sure- right. Classic." He replied simply.

"No one ever talks about it anymore since it didn't grow as popular as Pac-Man or Space Invaders." Kaito said simply, turning back to his game. Wow, he really was the ultimate gamer! "Heh, I'm guessing you really like games huh?" The brunette spoke, many people from the cafeteria glancing at the group of people. The only people in the group that was speaking was Hajime. Hell, even Kokichi grew speechless. "Oh I love games. I'm a fan of all different games from action, horror, sci-fi." He went on.

Hajime had to admit... Kaito was actually kinda interesting? Sure, he wasn't the biggest fan of video games but he didn't really care. Kaito was talking to him. So he should feel somewhat special.

"Do you wanna play a game with me?" Kaito asked innocently, giving Hajime a pleading look in his eye... Hajime couldn't say no to that. "Uh, sure? I'm not that good a video games..." Hajime said simply and Kaito shrugged, turning back to what he was gamepad.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad?

~~~

Hajime approached the cafeteria, his phone in hand. He didn't have a gameboy like Kaito, which was pretty understandable. "Hey Kaito, it's me." Hajime said as he sat down. It was pretty late, about 10:30pm. He would be in bed by now but... a promise is a promise.

Kaito looked up and smiled, rubbing his eyes as he invited Hajime to sit down next to him. "Hey Hinata." He greeted, handing him another gameboy. "Huh?" "Well? Wanna play some animal crossing?" Kaito questioned, as he turned back down to his screen. "Oh uh... I've never played."

"That's okay." Kaito reassured, taking Hinata's hand. "I'll show you, c'mon."

Soon. Animal Crossing turned to Monkey Ball, and the two were playing the fighting stages. Hajime was biting his lip, trying his best to pay attention to there round. A deep sigh escaped his mouth when Kaito won once more, a 'You Lose' sign appearing on the screen.

"Wow, Uhh you won... again." Hajime said with a nervous chuckle, glancing over at Kaito who huffed, rubbing his eyes like he did every few minutes. "Your focus was way out of reach, something bothering you?"

"No?" Hajime glanced at Kaito. "Do you sleep?"

"No, not really." Kaito admitted, sniffling back a booger. "I don't see a need in it."

Hajime only chuckled to that response. "That's silly." He stated, the purple haired boy nodding. "I know..." Then it fell silent again, And Hajime looked back down at the gameboy, choosing a new character for their next round. "Okay, I'm re-"

Hajime only smiled when seeing Kaito asleep in his normal seat, his gamepad slipping from his hands. Hajime picked up the electronic devices, placing them in his backpack before shakily picking up Kaito. It was hard... Yeah. But he managed to do it.

Meanwhile, in Kaito's head. Kaito dreamt about nothing but laughter, and happiness. Playing games with his new friend Hajime Hinata.

~End~