12.4 - The Tide - Holidays

Niall's POV

I wait for Ivy to step out of her room, before going to Liam's for dinner. It's not that it's a formal dinner, but we've all decided to dress up a tiny bit. When she finally walks back in the sitting room, I look at her head to toe, she's so beautiful, sometimes I can't even believe that she's with me! She's wearing a beautiful three-quarter sleeves burgundy velvet dress, with black flats of course, and the locket and bracelet I got for her.

'Ready?' She asks me breaking me out of my trance.

'Yeah! Let's go we don't want to be late!'

I help her put on her coat then I do the same.

'You look so beautiful by the way!' I compliment her, placing a quick kiss on her cheek because I didn't want to ruin her lipstick just before we get out.

When we got there, I noticed from the cars in the parking that everyone's there already.

'Someone is excited to see you! They're here already! We're not late are we?' I ask.

She looks at the clock on her phone and then shows me, the clock reads 7:01 PM.

'Nop, just on time!' She affirms.

We don't wait long before the door flew open, Liam welcoming us with open arms.

'Niall! Mate! I missed you so much! Ivy! So nice to see you again! You look wonderful by the way!'

'Aww! Thank you, Liam! You're so sweet!'

'Please come on in!' He walks us to the sitting room where Harry and Tommo were. As soon as we come in the room, they stand up greeting Ivy, like I didn't even exist! I don't blame them really. It's not that often that I introduce them to my girlfriends, not since the break anyway, there was never the time.

'So nice to finally meet you!' Harry greets her. She holds her hand out for a handshake but he asked for a hug instead. I forgot how awkward she gets around new people. And I guess she's a little intimidated by Harry. He has that effect on people.

'Niall isn't she too tall to be with you?' Louis teases me.

'Hey! You're one to talk, mate' I jokingly snap.

'Just kidding, love! You two look amazing together! And you seem like a lovely person from what I've heard. So happy that you and Neil found your way to each other.'

I sigh at the name he used, but I look at my baby laughing and hugging Louis, I'm glad they're getting along. She seems comfortable.

Ivy's POV

After the introductions and the small talks, Liam leads us to the dining room where the variety of food is beautifully set on the table.

'Wow! Everything looks amazing! Did you do all that Liam?' I ask.

'Well, we all helped!'

'All of you?' Niall and I say simultaneously.

'Well... Mostly me and Harry, and some things we bought them ready from outside, to be honest! But Louis helped!' Liam explained.

Niall laughs and I ask, 'Really? That's awesome! What did you do? Chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with a side of mash?'

'I will not sit here and take this mockery!' Louis dramatically complains.

'We're just joking around! Relax!' Liam comforts Louis.

'Yeah! But really what did you do?' I insist.

'I did the mash...' He mumbles.

'And here I was wondering why it tastes so good! Thank you, Louis!' I compliment, making him smile.