8.2 - Landslide - Home

Ivy's POV

We land in LA on Sunday morning, and we spend the day at home, not doing anything, barely even moving. Didn't know travelling can be so tiring and confusing. We arrived to LA and the time is 3 hours before the time we flew from Sydney. And we've been in the air for 13 something hours. It's like time travel. I thought time travel would be more fun than that.

I'm still waiting to see how long it will take him to realise that I'm all moved in already. I hope he doesn't mind. I kinda feel bad that I didn't ask him first. Hopefully he'll figure it out soon. I'm getting anxious.

Niall's POV

Monday I come back from work, still exhausted, all I want to do is eat something and just lay in front of the TV until it's time to sleep. To my surprise, my baby was already there when I got in. She greeted me at the door and even fixed up some quick dinner. I forget sometimes how amazing she is and then she does something like that. It's really the best way to come home to. Although she's tired from work too, and yet she took the time to cook something.

It's 10:40 PM now, usually Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays she goes back to her flat around 9:30 PM and sleep there no matter how much I nag her to stay here. I don't like sleeping without her. It's not as comfy.

'Stay here tonight? I think I might be too tired to drive you. It's late I'd rather you stay here than go on your own.'

'Yeah alright. The mattress is comfier here anyway. My back is still hurting.'

'It's been a while now. Maybe you should get it checked out.'

'No it's not worth it. It's just from being tired. I should be fine by tomorrow.'

The next morning, I make coffee for the both of us, like every morning she's here on a weekday. I notice there are new mugs. I guess she bought new ones? Why, what's wrong with my mugs. Although they don't look brand new. Weird.

I don't have work today so I just go to the gym, see Fred and then come back home. At 6 PM she's here.

'Did you come here straight from work?' I ask her.

'Yeah. Problem?'

'Absolutely not! I love having you here. It's just usually you pass by your flat first.'

'I didn't need to this time.'

'Okay. I bet you're hungry, what do you want to eat? Wanna order in or we can go eat outside.'

'I'm feeling a bit lazy. Can we stay in? If you don't mind?'

After we eat, she went to take a shower but she's taking way longer than usual. It's been an hour is she okay? I go to check up on her. She's straightening her hair. That's the first time she does that here.

'What's up?' She asks.

'Nothing, you were taking longer than usual so I thought something happened.'

'No just doing my hair. Sorry I got you worried.'

'It's okay. Is that a new one? Or did you get the one you had already?'

'Yeah, I already had it. I forgot it here when I stayed while you were away.'

'Alright. Cool. Be careful don't burn yourself.'

She's staying tonight too. That's amazing! She seems comfortable here. I really want to ask her to move in but I don't want to seem crazy. I mean we've only been dating for a month. People usually don't move in together that fast. But we're not like usual people. Our love is very different. Stronger I'd like to think. If she stays tomorrow as well, I'll ask her to move in.