7.2 - Revelations - Dare

Ivy's POV

It's Sunday, I'm just chilling in the sitting room, laying on the big couch in front of the TV with Niall. I have one more week with him before he goes away for 2 weeks. I'm trying not to think about it because everytime I do, I feel like crying. And I don't want Niall to see me crying. I can handle him being gone, I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew a lot of the time I won't get to see him. I can't be weak and cry in front of him. And he can't worry about be being sad when he's gone. He should be happy cause he's doing what he loves. I bury my face in his chest while he's catching up with sports news. I'm trying not to distract him too much, trying not to sob and hopefully he's too caught up with what's on TV he won't feel his T-shirt getting soaked with tears. He tightens his grip around me with one arm, and plays softly with my hair using the hand on the other side. I feel a gentle kiss on the top of my head. Does he know I'm crying? He's not saying anything.

Niall's POV

She thinks she's a silent crier. That I don't know she's crying her eyes out. But I do. And it's ripping my hearts to shreds. Me leaving her for two weeks is hard on me too. But there's nothing we can do about it. And there's nothing I can say to make her feel better. So instead I just hold her tight and play with her hair, mainly because I just love doing that, her hair is so soft and silky, but also because it relaxes her. I hope she doesn't cry too much while I'm away. I can't comfort her from a distance. I can't hug her through the internet.

She calms down after a while, I can feel my baby's heart beats steadying. She gets up, I can't see her face, she's using her long hair to hide it. I don't understand why she's hiding from me. It's normal to cry. I cried the first night I spent here alone after she slept over because I missed cuddling with her. Of course I didn't tell her that. But I wish she wouldn't hide her sadness from me. What if I didn't notice. I wouldn't be able to help her feel better.

Ivy's POV

I go to the bathroom to wash my face and make sure I don't look like I was crying my eyes out minutes ago. Then I go to the kitchen and grab a pint of ice cream with two spoons and a bag of crisps, not knowing whether Niall wants salty or sweet snacks, leaving the choice for him. I go back to the sitting room and sit next to Niall handing him the bag of crisps which he takes happily.

The program he was watching ends and he finally spoke up.

'So I was thinking.'

'Yeah?'

'Thursday night. There's this big official party for the release of the new single.'

'Okay?'

'I want you to come with me.'

'What? Why?' I ask with a panicked high pitched voice.

'Because you're my girlfriend?'

'Yeah but you never go to these things with a date. Like NEVER!'

'This is different. Besides, there's no red carpet. No photographers on the inside. It's just a fancy party. There might be paps on the outside but we can try to sneak in if you want.'

'Why do want us to go public so badly? I don't get it. It's no one's business. You said it yourself on many occasions. You like to keep your private life, private.'

'Princess, it's not that I want us to go public. Like I won't make an official statement in the media. I just want to share more aspects of my life with you. It's a party celebrating the release of my first single from my second album. It's important. And I want you to be there with me.'

'Fine...'

'Thank you!' He says sweetly, with a quick but passionate kiss.

After a second of relief, I panic again.

'I don't have anything to wear!' I shout in again in a high pitched voice.

'We'll take you shopping tomorrow. I'm sure you'll find something.' He comforts me with a kiss on my cheek.

I can't seem to shake my panic off. There's so much to consider.

'Do I have to wear heals? I don't wanna wear heals! I can't walk in them! Well, I can... kinda... but like can't stand them for more than 10 minutes!'

'I'd rather you wear flats, to be honest. I'd be more comfortable with you being my height than taller than me.'

I nod for a short second.

'I can't pull off flats with a fancy dress!' I complain.

'Princess, lots of people pull off flat with dresses. I have people that will be taking care of your whole look. Plus, you're beautiful you'll pull off anything!' He compliments me, adding to it a gentle kiss on my bare shoulder.

'There will be pictures, right? I can't do pictures! I never know how to pose. I'll ruin the photos. I can't go!'

'We'll practice together. I'll help you. And if you get anxious, just focus on me. You'll forget there's even a camera there and it'll look great because you'll have my favourite and most beautiful smile on earth on your face.'

My panic is wearing off, but I just can't bring myself to smile right now. I'm too sad about Niall leaving soon. Niall is trying to cheer me up with gentle sweet kisses from my neck up. Eventually, it works. I can't help but smile again. Because I'm trying to think more optimistically now, for Niall. I still have a week with him. Might as well make the most of it and hang out with him as much as possible.

Niall's POV

The next few days are quite busy, working all day on both sides. On Monday, I took her to get her outfit ready. She got a beautiful and simple long navy blue dress, with the appropriate shoes and accessories. I can't wait to see the whole final look. On Tuesday, I help her get over her fear of cameras. That was a long evening! But it was totally worth it. I got so much more pictures of her now. I can look at them while I'm away when I miss her. Yesterday we took the night off and just hung out together at home. Today, I just finished getting ready and anxiously waiting for her to be done. I arranged for the hairstylist and makeup artist to come here so she can get ready here. She should be done by now. We need to leave soon.

And finally the doors open and she comes out. She's just... breathtaking. Just perfect. She looks so perfect standing there, in here simple curls, simple makeup, beautiful blue dress. Exactly how I love it. Just perfect. God, I love her so much. And I make sure she knows exactly what I'm thinking.

We're driven to the venue and we make our way inside. There were some cameras at the front door, but she puts her training to good use and avoided clear direct shots. Inside we can relax. Thankfully Shawn and Julia are here. I take her with me to introduce her to more of my friends like James Corden but at times I go mingle alone because I don't want to bore her with business conversations. I glance back at her, talking and laughing with Shawn and Julia. Shawn is leaving for his tour next week too. But I hope she finds a friend in Julia. I know her friends are gonna take care of her when I'm gone. But Julia I know, I trust her and I can talk to her and ask her about my baby to see if she's okay. I hope she won't hide the bad stuff from me while I'm away just so I won't worry. I'm gonna be worried either way. Might go crazy if I knew she's hiding something from me. It's just two weeks. We'll go through them. It'll be okay. It has to be.