10.2 - Carefree - VMAs

Ivy's POV

'Princess, I was wondering...'

'Yeah, baby?'

Niall is buried in his thoughts. We're watching TV on a Wednesday night after work. But he's not really here. What is he thinking about?

'You know the VMAs are next Monday right?'

'Umm... yeah... what about it?'

'Well, I have to go there...'

'I know...'

'Can you come with me?'

'To the VMAs??' I ask in a shocked tone.

'No to New York...'

'Oh, yeah I guess I can take a day off. We'd be back by Tuesday. I wouldn't miss much.'

'Actually, I have to stay there till the end of the months. Like 2 weeks. But I want you to stay with me. You'll love New York!'

'2 weeks? I don't know if I can miss that much work! When is it again?'

'Well, I'm flying there this Sunday, the 18th and then staying there till Saturday the 31st.'

'Well I know I can't because it's Mels' birthday. On the 24th. We were supposed to go out the four of us.'

'Well, we'll fly them to New York too. What better birthday gift than a weekend to New York?'

'Are you serious? Isn't it a bit much?'

'Not really... it's just a weekend.'

'I'll ask Red. He's the one who usually organises anything party or event related.'

'Okay let me know what he says.'

I set everything up with Red. I'll be working from New York over the next two weeks and they'll join Niall and me on Mels' birthday weekend.

Niall's POV

It's the day of the VMAs, my baby and I are in the hotel suite. I just finished changing into my suit for the night.  I walk over to where she's sitting, writing on her laptop. She looks up, a grin on her face, and a certain look in her eyes. I've never seen this look in this intensity on her before. I've seen her happy, sad, disgusted, disappointed, angry (When I dared to rearrange the mug cabinet and messed with her system). I've seen the loving look, the caring look, I've seen her when she was worried sick, or just sick. But this is new. Well not entirely, but it was never to this intensity. This was something else, this was pure and raw lust.

'You like it?' I ask her, trying to get any word out of her. Not that I'm not enjoying her starring at me speechless.

She clears her throat, nodding with a slight lip bite, 'You look great! Is that Paul Smith?'

'Yes! It is!'

'I like it! It looks great!'

'Thank you, Princess!'

Then she stood up excitingly and run to her bag.

'What are you doing?' I ask sceptically.

'I found something while I was packing.'

She walks backs back into where we were and hands me my old glasses.

'I haven't worn them in quite a while!' 

I put them on and wait for her opinion.

'No! Nuh-uh! Not letting you go out like that!'

'Like what?' I chuckle.