~eighteen~

~the next day at school~

I sat in my first period trying my best to focus, but I just couldn't stop thinking about Ash. Someone needs to help her, I need her she can't die.

"Mr. Seavey" I hear Mrs. Hansen, my math teacher, say. "Tell me, what is the roots of this quadratic equation?"

"Um" is all I manage to say. I look down at my notebook and see that I didn't even write the problem down.

"Alright that's what I thought, detention for you Seavey, come to my classroom directly after school" Mrs. Hansen says, handing me a detention slip.

"Yes mam" I say, taking the slip from her hands.

I sigh as I examine it. Dentition for Daniel Seavey, Report to room 456 promptly after court period until 4:15 it reads. I put the slip in my bag and a small sigh escapes my lips. 4:15, I can't see her. By the time I get to the hospital, I will have to leave.

Its ok Daniel" Corbyn whispers to me. I just look at him and shake my head.

~later that day~
~Corbyn's pov~

I visit Ash today, since I know that Daniel can't. I bring Jack with me, because we were hanging out.

"Yo why are we seeing your ex?" Jack says in an annoyed tone

"Um because she is in the hospital and I care about her"

"Whatever, as long as I don't have to see her" Jack says rolling his eyes. 

"Fuck you Jack, she's fucking dying and this is how you act? Get a heart man, your not the Tin Man"

"What?"

"Wizard of Oz?"

"Oh, whatever I don't care if you think I don't have a heart, I don't care about her, she doesn't care about me. He'll she doesn't care about you, so why are you here?"

"Because I fucked up ok? In caused this pain, I never meant to, but I did and I hate it. I need to at least try to fix it"

"And seeing her is going to help how?"

"Because I am getting a blood test to see if I can donate my blood to her"

"Why is she even in the hospital in the first place?"

"I'm not sure, but she needs blood" I lied, but I couldn't tell Jack that she cut herself so baldy she wound up in a hospital

Don't forget to vote and comment