April is coming

(y/n) POV

"Ok kiddo we've got a couple hours before we have to meet up with your mom, so what do you wanna do?" April asked, "What's that?" I asked as I pointed at a booth, "That's a shooting game, if you knock down enough targets you win a prize. Wanna give it a shot?" She asked, I nodded, "Alright let's do it." She said.

"Better luck next time miss." The booth attendant said, "(y/n) whats up? You haven't taken a single shot yet." April said, "I'm getting ideas." I said as I drew my knives, "Ok sweetie one you cant win with your knives you have to shoot the target, and two these are dangerous where did you even get these?" She said, "They were a gift, and I am gonna shoot the target." I said as I combined my knives into a shuriken and looped the wire through the trigger guard, "Please tell me your not doing what I think your doing." She said as I threw the gun at the target and pulled back on the wire firing the gun. "Ok that was actually really cleaver." She said, "Well I've seen Blake do it before so I thought I could do it to." I said, "Well sir he won your game." She said, "Here's your prize kid." He said as he handed me a stuffed animal.

"And now I will confiscate these." April said as she took my knives, "April give those back!" I said, "No, if your mother knew you had these do you know how mad she would be?" She said, I nodded, "That's what I thought." She said, "Mommy does know, she saw me kill a grimm with one." I said, "Well then I'm defiantly not giving these back." She said as we walked.

"Well you two are early." Mommy said, "Well someone here had something he wasn't supposed to." April said as she gave my knives to Mommy, "Thank you April, you know your not supposed to have these young man!" Mommy said, "I'm sorry Mommy." I said sadly, "I'll just chalk this one up to what happened a few weeks ago and leave it at that, but next time I catch you with these you are in big trouble understood." She said, "Yes Mommy." I said, "Cheer up honey, the Vital Festival is right around the corner and so is your birthday." She said sweetly, "Well we should get going. We've got a lot of packing to do." April said as she ruffled my hair, "Are you sure that you want to move in with us?" Mommy asked, "Of coarse I do. Why wouldn't I wanna move in with my girlfriend and her son?" April said, "Alright then, I'll come help you two as soon as I can. And as for you, I expect you to be a good boy and do everything April tells you." Mommy said, I nodded as April took my hand and led me back to her car.

We had finally arrived at April's apartment. She lived in a nice two bedroom apartment, it had one bathroom, a flat screen TV, a surround sound system, a nice kitchen, and a closet. "Let's see, do you think you can clear out the closet and put all the coats and stuff over by the couch for me?" April asked, "Ok!" I said happily, "Alright, I'll be in my room packing if you need me for anything." She said as she walked away. I began to clean out the closet like I was told to when I got a small cut on my finger. I cleared out everything around the area where I got cut and found two short swords.

 I cleared out everything around the area where I got cut and found two short swords

I grabbed one of the swords and went to April's room. 

"April." I said, "What's up?" April asked as she turned to face me, "Something in the closet cut me and when I looked for what did it I found this." I said as I handed her the sword, "Well this takes me back, I wonder if I still have my old symbol?" She said as she dug through a drawer, "Found it!" She said as she pulled out an old metal symbol.

" I said as I handed her the sword, "Well this takes me back, I wonder if I still have my old symbol?" She said as she dug through a drawer, "Found it!" She said as she pulled out an old metal symbol

"Pretty cool hugh your mom's girlfriend used to be a huntress." She said, "Yeah I guess." I said, "What's wrong kiddo?" She asked, "I just don't like the idea of people I care about getting hurt that's all." I said, "Well you don't have to worry about that, it was a long time ago. Now let's get that cut cleaned up." She said. 

Glynda POV

I was just arriving at April's apartment when I heard a large crash from behind the building. I grabbed my riding crop and went to where I heard the sound come from.

"There you go kiddo!" April said, "What's going on back here?" I asked, "APRIL MADE ME DO IT!" (y/n) said as he dropped a sword, "WHAT?! You little traitor!" April said as she began to tickle him, "We got done packing faster than we thought so I thought I'd let (y/n) try out my old weapon, with my supervision of coarse." She said.

After several hours of unpacking and reorganizing we had finally got April moved in. "Remind me how long have we been dating now?" I asked as I softly rubbed (y/n)'s hair as he fell asleep on my lap, "I believe it's been almost a year now give or take two or three months." April said, "You know what will never get old?" She asked, "No what?" I said, "That look (y/n)'s teacher get's when I come pick him up from daycare. He just runs up to me and wraps his arms around me like he's known me his entire life." She said, "I can only imagine, something similar happened when Blake picked him up for me for the first time." I said softly, "April I want you to make me a promise." I said, "Sure anything." She said, "If anything happens to me or if something were to happen and I cant protect (y/n), I want you to be there for him and take care of him." I said, "Ok I promise." She said, "Thank you." I said as I gave her a kiss.