Chapter 1- Meeting Christine

Full Summary:

Erik Delozier is a reclusive architect. He's never shown his face to a client but instead leaves his assistant, Nadir Kahn, to meet with them. Erik's main passion and focus is music… But, when he accidentally meets Christine Daae, his 'main passion and focus' change. In her presence, a deep love and obsession grow until the ultimate crime is committed.

Christine Daae, a college student majoring in vocal performance, is home for the summer. She spends most of her time with her father and is excited about building a new home… But, everything changes when she meets the designer of their new home, Erik. Though his creepy ways confuse and scare her, she has no choice but to spend time with him. It isn't until his creepiness becomes dangerous that Christine realizes she is no longer safe.

When the inevitable occurs, Christine must do everything in her power to get through to Erik and escape his clutches before it's too late.

Chapter 1- Meeting Christine

"Erik, you have a phone call," came his partner's voice.

Erik turned in his chair so that he was facing the desk and smirked. "Thank you, Nadir." He stared at the phone for a moment. I knew he could not resist. Finally, he pressed the 'speaker phone' button and said in his silkiest voice, "This is Erik Delozier." He knew exactly who it was, for, at the current time, this person was his only soon-to-be customer.

"Hello, Mr. Delozier. This is Gary Daae. I spoke with you earlier.."

"Ah, yes. Good afternoon. How may I help you?" Erik studied his long piano fingers while waiting for the man to continue.

"Well, I have reconsidered, and I've decided do business with you. Will you design a new house for us?" Gary Daae inwardly prayed for him to say 'yes'.

Erik's light blue eyes twinkled in delight. "I remember you changing your mind before. Is that what you intend to do again, Mr. Daae?" Although it was the other man who was actually in control, Erik always had a way of switching positions.

"No, no. I have decided, and nothing will sway me." Gary was still inwardly praying.

"Very well. We should meet soon, should we not?"

Gary smiled. "Yes. May I and my daughter come by today?"

"Yes. My partner, Nadir, will be available to receive your ideas." As Erik spoke, his thoughts were on other things. Compositions and such.

"Oh.. Will you not be there?"

"No, I will not. Nadir takes care of all except for the design itself."

"I would be honored to meet the designer of my new home."

Erik's hands clenched, but he kept his control. "I apologize, but you never will." That was all he said before ending the conversation with, "Be here at 4. Goodbye."

He hung up the phone and stood from his chair. Why must they always wish to see me? They truly have no idea. "Nadir!"

His partner walked into the office expectantly. "Yes?"

"Our new customer will be coming at 4 today. I expect you will take their ideas?"

"Of course."

"Good. That will be all." Nadir left the office with a nod of his head.

Erik slowly walked towards the door and locked it. With shaky hands, he reached up and removed the main thing that kept him from seeing others. The mask, which covered the entirety of his face except for the mouth and jaw. He was sweating underneath.