Azrael

When the bullet hit Lila, I felt her blood splash on my naked arm. She jerked back with force, unintentionally pushing me down flat into the grave. I blinked rapidly, processing everything that just happened as my breaths were slow whilst my mouth shut, careful not to take soil into my system.

I was at the thin line between life and death when Lila was hit with an impact force of the bullet. Her sharp blade was still at my throat, and when she fell backwards, she nearly sliced my head off before pushing me forward.

My neck was throbbing with immense pain, blood gushing out and mixing with the dirt. I wanted to stand up, to run away when I had this perfect chance but I couldn't do anything but wiggle in the grave, a failed attempt at getting up.

"Silas, one step and I'll humiliate you in front of your whole pack." I could feel his authority radiating off of him even though his voice was calm and collected.

I wondered why many of the pack members standing weren't doing anything.

"I see you've gathered the whole pack, my dear friend," I heard his feet move through the dirt, I could hear him come closer.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Azrael?" There was an edge to Silas' voice, almost as if he was actually afraid of this man.

"That's none of your business, my friend," the opening of a lighter echoed in the thick silence, "Persephone, get her out of there."

"Don't you dare, I'll-"

"Shut up already, Lila, or I'll shoot you in the heart next time."

I felt a strong hold on my forearm, lifting me up and with the adrenaline now pumping in my veins, my legs were quick to support me. I turned my head back to see her, Persephone, pulling me out.

Her red hair were braided back and her features were breathtaking to the extent where she could be mistaken as an angel. She was dressed in some average black jeans with a shirt tucked into them and a black leather jacket covering her shoulders. High cheekbones and full, pink lips complimented her pale skin.

She freed my hands first, throwing the rope down next to Lila who was bleeding out through her arm. Lila's hand was covering the wound but that didn't seem to help, "Lila darling, I've got to say, you look so lovely to me like this," I couldn't help but smirk out to which she only snarled.

"Oh it's getting interesting in here, ay?" My eyes moved towards Azrael who spoke with humour. He puffed out smoke from his cigarette as the corner of his lips lifted up, "you've got a striking one, Silas," Azrael pointed towards me with the cigarette between his fingers.

I looked at Silas with my hateful gaze as he stood there with anger at the tip of his nose and I genuinely wondered, why isn't he doing anything? Why isn't anyone doing anything? I scanned the crowd and saw people scowling at them and not charging at these two. What made them so afraid of them. It's just two of them against the whole pack.

"Enough of the chit chat, loves, we've got to take our leave now." Azrael's words made Persephone take grab me by the arm and walk towards him.

"Ladies and gents," Azrael faced the crowd as he took slow steps in the direction of the dense forest with us following close behind, "note today as the day you were graced by the presence of Azrael Slade," he took a short puff of his cigarette before switching it to his left hand whilst his right hand reached under his black, long coat, pulling the gun out from his shoulder holster.

My eyes followed him as he turned on his heels, stretched his arm out and shot Silas in both of his legs, "my brother sends his regards."

Azrael walked away with Persephone and I following close behind. The last I saw was Silas on the ground on both his knees and I deeply enjoyed the sight and relished myself in freedom but that happiness still didn't blind me from the danger of these two that got a pack, an alpha and the major to bow down to them.

Exactly who were they and why did they get me out?

***

Hey ,beauties. Short chapter, I know but I hope you enjoy. Also, I want all of you to comment a day of the week so that I always, always, post a new chapter on that day. This way you'll have a day to look forward to for update (if you're actually enjoying the story...) and I'll have the motivation to post on that day.

Anyways, don't forget to kick the votes and comment your thoughts.

Fan, share and follow me for more.

Truly and utterly yours;
J. N. Light.