Let It Be Our Own Secret

My eyes blinked open at four in the morning. I turned my body on the small sofa and got up.

Yes, I was the one who slept on the couch. No big deal. Last night, I was like an angry woman on her period and I had the right to be. How could Everett say that? I'm not the one to be caged.

I came back to the room huffing and puffing. Took a blanket and a pillow and fell into a deep slumber right on the couch. I wasn't the one to make Everett sleep on the couch. It was his room and his bed after all.

Putting my feet down on the floor, I scanned the room while yawning like a baby hippo. Very unladylike.

Everett was still asleep on the bed in between the soft duvets. He doesn't wake up until eight so I had plenty of time.

With the movement of my limbs, I stood up and quietly walked to the bathroom while rubbing my sleep filled eyes with the back of my hand.

It took me at least fifteen minutes to do my daily morning routine before I headed in the direction of Mila's room.

Upon entering, darkness encircled me in, but as soon as my wolf sight kicked in, it was as if my vision was restored. I spotted Mila sprawled on top of her covers and on her belly.

I didn't think as I walked straight towards the light switches and turned all the lights on. The room illuminated with bright lights that made me squint my eyes but Mila didn't move an inch.

With a groan, I walked towards her stopping right next to her sleeping face.

She looked so calm and peaceful. Away from the world, away from her tensions.

But not for long. Lina mused in.

I agreed with my wolf as I started to poke her on the face. Seconds passed with receiving no reactions and I decided to step it up a notch by shaking her slightly by her shoulders.

When that didn't work either, I shook her a little violently. A slight, silenced groan was the only response I got from her.

I, myself groaned in annoyance before going to the foot of the bed and grabbing her by her ankles.

With some force, I was successfully able to drag her down the bed and on the floor.

"Ugh, leave me alone." She whined on the bedroom floor. Her hair going all around as she laid motionless.

"Mila get up. We have the training to do."

"Didn't you hear when the Alpha came to the pack house last night screaming for Bruce and Roy and telling them to cancel the training?" Mila raised her head up and peeked from one eye to look at me.

Scrunching my eyebrows together I shook my head. I fell asleep as soon my head hit the pillow on the sofa.

"Well, he came in pretty angry, basically ready to kill, and just like that he cancelled it." She dropped her head back on the floor, "So now, be a little kind and let me get my beauty sleep."

"Oh no, you don't!" I stood up to my feet and took a hold of her forearms, pulling them to make her stand. I succeeded but Mila rested all her weight on me.

"You fat cow, get up and get ready in 20. If I don't see you in the kitchen by then, may the Lord help you then." I shook her and patted her face with my hand before exiting the room.

"Twenty minutes, Mila," I called back as I walked down the silent hallways.

"Yeah, yeah." Was her distant mumble.

I walked fast steps to the bachelor's quarters where the rooms of Bruce and Roy were.

Banging lightly on the door for Roy, I waited for a few seconds until I tapped lightly again not wanting others to wake up. I restlessly tapped my right foot against the floor.