CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

I can't stop looking at Logan

I can't stop looking at Logan. He slept so peacefully, his legs tangled in the duvet, his dark, messy hair falling over his furrowed brows. His body laid motionless across the bed, the adoption papers resting beneath his palm from where he dozed off reading. Flipping open the old, leather worn journal that he left on the bedside table, I kneeled beside the bed, uncapped the pen with my teeth and scribbled a short message for him to read.

Happy 16th Birthday.

You bring me so much joy and happiness.

My only regret is that I did not find you sooner.

Here is to making memories.

You. Liam. Me. Us.

Our perfect little family.

I love you, Logan.

Your person,

Alexa.

Closing the journal, I tucked it beneath his pillow. Admiring his beautiful profile, his handsome features, the spatter of brown freckles on his cheek and the soft curl of his lips, I slipped a strand of dark hair behind his ear, lifted the blanket to his shoulders to keep him warm and, unable to take my eyes off him, lingered by the bedroom door, feeling whole, complete, the happiest I had felt in a long time.

Logan Warren, the lost boy from the youth centre, had a place to call home. My chosen child belonged here with us now. Who cares what happened in the past or what the future might bring? I get to love this boy for the rest of my life.

Liam learnt to love someone else's baby. I never thought it would be possible, not with him being such a stubborn man. But he proved me wrong. And as I entered the Master bedroom, satin robe sliding down my shoulders, lace thong falling to my feet, I fell in love with him all over again.

I astride his lower back.

"Morning, beautiful," he groaned into the pillow, not a hint of him opening his eyes, though. "Where did you go?"

"I took a quick shower." My lips tickled the spot behind his ear. "I made sure the downstairs was tidy." I massaged the tight, knotted muscles in his shoulders. "Then, I swung by Logan's bedroom just in case last night was a dream."

He respired a tired sigh. "Is he okay?"

"He's asleep." My head rested on his upper back. "I am still in shock. I was trying to build up the courage to ask for more time with Logan, but I was too nervous. You have already provided so much for him. Never, not even my wildest dreams, did I think you'd accept him as ours."

"Logan is in the right place." His voice was thick and throaty. "Home is where the heart is, remember?"

Threading our fingers on either side of his head, I thumbed his wedding band. "How did I get so lucky? I have all these incredible men in my life." He was silent while I spoke. "You were always enough for me. But there are not enough days in the year to thank you for Logan."