CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

Harold and Chloe hogged the nearest cafe, so everyone ventured further afield to avoid controversy

Harold and Chloe hogged the nearest cafe, so everyone ventured further afield to avoid controversy. We uncovered a hidden gem, De Vine, a sandwich bar and restaurant near the Tower of London. The hospital owner welcomed us with open arms. He pulled three square wooden tables together to extend our dining experience and provided complimentary coffee while the uniformed men behind the deli counter prepared fresh salad bowls, toasted paninis and cold pasta dishes.

It had never occurred to me until the hospital visit how often I subconsciously disregarded food. It's not like I sat there one day and fixated on caloric consumption or how I looked, aesthetically, in the eye of others. I never obtained an unhealthy obsession to be thin or had episodes of binge-eating to regurgitate minutes later.

Sustenance was not a priority.

It's as simple as that.

I had more important things to worry about.

My marriage.

Inseparable Youths.

Logan's well-being.

Now, though, three healthy meals per day are the utmost priority.

Eating for two is an old myth. Nonetheless, I increased the quality and quantity of my diet to gain the appropriate amount of weight.

Alas, four mouthfuls of penne arrabbiata felt like an overindulgence. My stomach bloated, leaving no room for additional portions. While the men consumed everything in sight, I settled for ice-cold water and snacked on exotic fruit.

I texted Logan.

Me: Are you okay?

He replied after a few minutes.

Logan: I'm fine.

Logan: Liam?

Me: I'll give you an update when I get home.

Logan: Okay.

Logan: Btw, I just helped Camilla bake jam tarts.

Logan: You owe me big time.

Me: What's wrong with Camilla?

Logan: Nothing is wrong with Camilla.

Me: Then, what's the problem?

Logan: I hate sticky jam.

Me: You are such a drama queen.

Logan: Remind me to hide the next time she visits.

Me: Are you hiding right now?

Logan: Yes.

Me: Why?

Logan: She mentioned apple crumble.

Me: Go to the kitchen and help!

Logan: I can't. It's traumatising. I still have flowery gunk in my hair.