Rinka Hayami

Outside deep in the woods of the old campus, Koro-Sensei was lounging in a sun chair while he read the morning's newspaper.

Koro-Sensei sipped his drink while he read. "Hmm, the moon is all they're talking about in America too. Slow news today I guess." He sighed and slurped his drink. "Oh well."

"There he is." A drop of sweat trailed down his cheek. "Chilling out back before the first bell without a care in the world after visiting Hawaii at Mach 20 to pick up a drink and an English newspaper on the way here."

Sugino looked over his shoulder. "Nice, good work, Nagisa. Thanks, I owe you one."

"Good luck man," I said and Nagisa nodded along with me.

Nagisa nodded with a small smile. "You're welcome." He was crouched behind him with a notebook in hand. "Best of luck, Sugino."

"You got it," Sugino smirked, holding up a baseball with anti-sensei pellets glued on. "Ten billion yen here I come."

Sugino got in his stance and then whipped the ball as hard and as fast as he could. The ball sailed through the air, towards Koro-Sensei's head. Then suddenly we heard a voice from behind us.

"Top of the morning to ya!" Koro-Sensei cheered.

We all yelped and looked over at his seat, which was now obviously vacated. And then back at the yellow octopus man.

"A baseball embedded with anti-me bbs? Clever! I'll give you points for using something quieter than the standard air rifle. But the weapon of choice was too slow. And a quick trip to the storage shed gave me, pardon the pun, a handy solution!" Koro-Sensei said as he help up Sugino's ball in a baseball mitt.

Sugino yelped in shock while Nagisa and I just stared at Koro-Sensei with a deadpan expression.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked nobody in particular. Koro-Sensei just walked away and laughed.

"Tik-Tok children! Graduation will be here before you know it," he teased, leaving the three of us alone.

It was quiet for a moment before Sugino let out a sigh.

"So much for my fastball, big shock there I guess," he muttered and Nagisa looked over at him in concern.

"It was a good throw," he said and Sugino sighed. Lamenting his failure.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, I couldn't do better in my wildest dreams," I said, clapping him on the back and walking ahead.

I had a strange feeling that today was gonna be weird.

____________________

"So Sugino's plan failed huh? What went wrong?" Hayami asked, I raises an eyebrow and looked at the vermillion-haired girl.

"The ball was too slow," I replied and she nodded. I let out a sigh and leaned back in my seat as she turned back towards Koro-Sensei.

Ever since Nagisa's suicide bomb Hayami had been being way too nice to me. Before that, she was constantly chewing me out for not pitching in, but now she was acting like we've been friends since the first day.

It was super weird and super confusing.

I shrugged and pulled out my pistol, and then I fired at the spot right beside Koro-Sensei's head. The octopus didn't even bother to move and just kept staring at the board.