School Assemblies Suck

"All right!" Koro-sensei calmed down and walked toward his desk. "Let's begin our lesson."

I noticed that Okuda stiffly stared at her desk as Koro-sensei passed by.

What the hell was that about? Is she planning to kill him?

Koro-sensei places a strawberry lace in a beaker. Water was added inside, and then when the sweet was lifted out the water was stained a pale red.

We all looked surprised.

"Oh, it's bright red..." Hiroto murmured.

"Exactly!" Koro-sensei exclaimed.

I glanced over at Rinka and smiled.

"Well, I learned something today," I joked, earning a small smile and a pair of rolling eyes for my troubles.

"And that concludes our experiment to extract artificial coloring..." Koro-sensei said. In a flash, our teacher collected all of their science equipment. "...From snack food!" He held all of their sweets, sweating like an addict gone cold turkey. "I'll be taking the leftover snacks now!"

"What?!" We all exclaimed.

He zoomed off and hid them away before re-appearing empty-handed.

"We bought those ourselves!" Mimura snapped.

I laughed and looked over to Chiba and Rinka.

"Is it just me or did he just use this lab to get junk food between paychecks?" I asked and Rinka nodded.

"Yeah that's definitely what happened," she sighed and Chiba shrugged.

"Not that I'm surprised," he admitted.

"Why is a super-organism that can destroy the Earth living paycheck to paycheck?" Kataoka commented dryly

Then we looked up in surprise when Okuda slowly walked past them towards Koro-sensei.

"Huh?" Koro-sensei glanced at her curiously.

Okuda kept her gaze trained on the ground and held her hands behind her back. "Umm, sir...?"

"Can I help you, Okuda?" the teacher asked kindly.

"Umm!" She looked up fearfully and then closed her eyes, shoving two vials into view. "This is poison, please drink it!"

Most of us were confused but some of us were more amused by her effort.

"Now that's straightforward." Maehara smiled crookedly.

"I guess..." Okuda said weakly. "That's too much to ask?"

Koro-sensei appeared nervous. "My, this is certainly an honest assassination attempt, Okuda..."

She opened her eyes and hesitantly looked up. "Well, um...I'm not good at surprise attacks and stuff like everyone else," she confessed. "But I am good at chemistry." Her voice started to gain some momentum. "So I made this with all my heart and soul!"

"Uh..." I muttered.

"Heart and soul?" Koro-sensei repeated, shocked.

"Okuda..." Sugino spoke up apprehensively. "No one would be dumb enough to drink it just like that..."

...

Oh my God, he's gonna drink it.

Koro-sensei grinned. "Well then..." He uncorked the poison. "I would be delighted!" He poured the liquid into his mouth in one go.

"Sweet, Jesus" I muttered, facepalming in disappointment.

"How have we not killed him yet?" Rinka asked.