Izumi's Return to the Hidden Leaf Village

Start from the beginning

A short silence passed over us as my teammates surveyed their surroundings, "Well... this place... I've missed it." Naruto commented earning an agreeing nod from Sakura while I stood their confused yet again.

"Ah, that's right..." Kakashi Sensei had his book open again, "This is where you first trained, isn't it?"

"Team 7..."

"The three-man team..."

"I'm starting to feel left out now you guys..." I muttered coming across far more offensive than I had intended. Though I was having a hard time showing it, but I was enjoying my old teammates' company.

"... that time... Sasuke was around too, wasn't he...?"

"Okay, now I think you're doing this on purpose..." I crossed my arms pouting slightly, "And, who the hell...? Oh, right..." Sakura and Naruto had slumped to the ground looking as depressed as ever while our sensei looked like he regretted his decisions, "Yeah, I think I'm going to stop talking now..."

"Anyway, shall we begin...?" the silver-haired man sighed as Naruto and Sakura returned to their feet.

"Yes, Sir." I nodded managing a small smile though it was obvious the action was forced, "I'm ready for this even if everyone keeps being all nostalgic without me..."

"Hehe..." Naruto chuckled while tightening his headband, "You won't do it while reading your book this time, Kakashi Sensei?" Seriously, what did I miss before joining team seven...?

"You've already finished it?" Sakura asked while adjusting her gloves.

"No... I think I should save the enjoyment for later. Besides, this time, for some reason..." I gulped lightly as the jonin slipped up his headband revealing his sharingan eye, "I get the feeling I should take it a little seriously too."

The bells gave a light clink as we stared at him before Naruto sent a flock of shuriken at the man, which he easily ducked under and then sent a flurry of his own at the blond. Naruto leapt over them while Kakashi threw another set that would've been unavoidable, but the blond quickly used a shadow clone to pull him out of the way at the last second. Upon landing the shadow clone transformed into a giant shuriken that was almost immediately aimed at his opponent before said opponent had a tight hold on the hand holding the shuriken along with Naruto's hair and headband, and much to Kakashi's surprise there was a second shadow clone with a kunai pointed directly at the back of his neck.

"Well, some things haven't changed..." Naruto chuckled as a proud expression came across Kakashi Sensei's face, "Alright... Start!" he disappeared earning a shocked look from all three of us.

Left, right, above, behind, so where...? Okay, holy what did she just do and now there's a crater in the ground and hey look there's Kakashi Sensei!!! My eyes widened slightly, "I guess I should show off a bit too..." I brought my hands to a familiar hand sign a blade appearing in my hand, "It's my turn now." the length of my katana had increased since my last meeting with the silver-haired man and I could see the small look of surprise pass over my sensei's face. Taking advantage of his short moment of shock I appeared behind the man's shoulder slashing my blade at his throat, but he easily avoided my strike taking hold of my wrist, "Wrong move, sorry sensei." I smirked as I sent a burst of chakra into the wood causing its form to change and with a single movement I wrapped the tendrils around my sensei's arms while simultaneously planting my heel in the center of his chest. He jerked backwards holding a hand across his chest before being replaced with a log, "Damn..." I bit my lip as us three students ran off into the woods.

Naruto, Sakura, and I sat with our backs flat against the trunk of a large tree panting. Kakashi Sensei really was incredibly strong. It seemed like no matter what we did he always had some way to prevent of from get the bells. Probably that sharingan of his.

"I already knew it, but the sharingan really is amazing..." Sakura recited my thoughts as she cast a glance at Naruto and I, "And not only that," she continued, "his seal-making speed... It's too fast for me to follow... If we could somehow stop him from using both hands, we could get to the bells. I nodded listening carefully.

"Yeah, Kakashi Sensei's unreasonably strong..." Naruto agreed as he looked behind the tree, "He's smarter than Shikamaru... And he has a better sense smell than Kiba... He has better sharingan than Sasuke... And better taijutsu than Bushy-Brows..."

I watched the two silently unwilling to say anything on the matter. They wouldn't suggest that I use that technique, right? "But even Kakashi Sensei has to have a weakness!"

I nodded as Naruto place a hand to his chin in thought, "..." the blond blinked suddenly as his eyes swung wide open, "Ah... Kakashi Sensei has a weakness..." he uttered seemingly in awe at the obviousness of the thought.

"Eh? Really...?"

"Hahah..." Naruto snickered making a mischievous face, "If you think back to how Kakashi Sensei's been until now You'll understand!"

I narrowed my eyes at him before it came to me, he can't mean that, right?

"Stop being such a know-it-all, Naruto!" Sakura barked earning a slight twitch from me. These two haven't change at all it seems... "What's the weakness?!?"

Naruto laughed once more before leaning in between us and whispering into our ears his master plan, "Well, it's..."

"Of course...!" Sakura came back a few seconds later shouting with great enthusiasm, "I can't believe he has a weak point like that!"

I sighed placing a hand to his face, Of course... As much as I hate to admit it... This just might work...

. . .

"Now Naruto!" Sakura cried as the three of us rushed forward toward the silver-haired man who seemed vaguely surprised by our sudden assault.

"Let's go!" Naruto shouted acting on Sakura's request, "Kakashi Sensei, in the last chapter of Make out Tactics it is revealed that the main character..." a terrified expression covered the masked man's face as he clamped his hands over his ears while Naruto continued. His eyes sprang open upon finding that he could read the blond's lips before sealing them tightly shut.

There was a light jingle as we took the bells from his waist and he turned around seemingly confused, "Huh?"

"A ninja must see through deception!"

"Right, Sensei?!?"

I managed a meek smile along with my teammates. I was happy, but my face refused to show it. Would I ever be able to smile properly again...?