Chapter 23

When Sebastian turned five, a lot changed. Niall and Liam find a new home for their growing baby boy, Niall finds a new job suitable for his career path, and Sebastian begins to learn new words and key points that'll benefit him enough to get him into school.

Speaking of which, while Liam was out working his shifts at the coffee shop (which was still close to their new home), Niall searched for schools in the small town. He found one almost instantly, he figured out there was only two in total and rang them on a sunny afternoon.

Sebastian played with his kid tablet when seeing his Papa on the phone. A smile never left his face when talking to this person and it made Sebastian frown.

He turns in his spot on the sectional chair and pursed his lips as Niall stepped over to him.

"Hey, bud. Are you ready to go to school soon?" He earns a short shrug. He sighs and smiles a little. "It is going to be really good for you, I promise. You'll get to meet other kids and show him how cool that little birthmark is on your neck. Just like Daddy's."

Sebastian smiles wide and touches the birthmark softly when Niall spoke up about it. "Yeah..." A soft sigh slips past his small, thin lips that look like Niall's. "They won't laugh?"

Niall feels his heart tear a little at Sebastian's words. "There will be a few people who may say mean things, but they are not good people. Be friends with good people like Daddy and I are with Aunt Pez and the others." Sebastian hums and kisses his nose. Niall and Liam always did this and he learned to do it himself.

“Okay. I love 'ou, Daddy.” He juts his lips out and receives a quick peck that makes him giggle. Niall pinches his cheek briefly and stands up to finish making lunch in the nearby kitchen. Sebastian follows with small footsteps, not expecting Perrie to enter through the front door before taking the last step into it.

“Pez!” His cute, little voice boomed against the white walls. A bright smile comes across his face as he ran into her arms, instantly feeling her hand rub his back.

“Hi, little bug. Is Daddy in the kitchen?”

Sebastian nods then gets carried into the kitchen by one of the few girl role models in his life.

“Pez! I'm so glad you could finally come 'round.” Niall was happy to see her again after a while. She set Sebastian down, following a quick kiss to his head, and watches him walk out of the kitchen whilst smiling.

“Yeah, I have been really busy these past few years.” She thinks back on what's been happening. “Zayn and I have recently been trying for kids, and it's tough. You are really lucky to have such a perfect boy.”

Niall pouts and finishes making the sandwiches. He cuts the smaller filled ones in four different slices for Sebastian. He finally got used to doing it once the little boy turned five years old.

“I find it strange that some people aren't able to get pregnant. Bodies are strange.” This earns a short laugh from Perrie who begins to make her own sandwich.

“You can say that again,” she spoke. Her jaw clenches at the thought of never being able to have her own children in the future, but Zayn didn't seem too worried, so why should she? “I wish for the future to be easier in my favor. Me and Zayn try so hard to push through these last few years, and I feel like it just isn't working out. Both of us are helpless.”

Niall hums and forms an idea in his head. “Have you ever thought about having a surrogate?” This catches her attention. “Liam and I talked about it after I constantly bugged him about wanting to finally get pregnant. It did take a lot of attempts, and each of them was absolutely phenomenal...” Perrie laughs softly. Niall blushes and continues. “In the end, it worked out. So it's all about never giving, really.”